Sweet dreams

Arizona went to the on-call room, barely being awake. She was so tired that she was barely holding on, as for staying up for 3 days and relying on coffee. With meredith and being on-call, it was very hard trying to balance her personal and work life at this time, which seem odd to her. She got to the on-call room and immediately fell on one of the beds. All she could dream about was Meredith coding. As much as she wanted to wake up and check on her body pushed her to the bed, feeling like an unbeatable force. Her sleep was a battle of her nightmares and tiredness.
Eventually she woke up after 8 hours of sleep, which weren't that many considering she hadn't slept in 72 hours. As soon as she got up she ran into Meredith's room, while putting on clean scrubs and in attempt to get ready faster, some slightly painful injuries came along the way.
Meanwhile, Meredith was in her room, just laying on the bed with her eyes open. All she could dream and think about were her and Derek, and what they had said to each other at the beach. Turns out she was missing him more than ever. She was secretly hoping she would go into a coma just to see him, but that wasn't a thing she was supposed to say. "Why is this happening? What is going on with the world?" She began asking herself these deep questions, knowing either way she wasn't getting any answers soon.
Arizona ran into her room without even knocking. "Hey, I'm so sorry I haven't been here for you. Have you been awake for long?" Arizona asked her. "Not really, maybe half an hour. Don't worry Amelia doesn't know." Meredith said to calm her down. Arizona sat on the chair next to Meredith's bed while grabbing Meredith's hand. "Look, about what I've said. I just want you to know that I didn't mean them. It's a cheap excuse but it's the truth. I was mad, and tired, and my brain wasn't functioning well and-" Meredith interrupted her. "Look Zona, I understand. It's okay, we all make mistakes and say stupid things. I love you, a lot. I never thought I would love anyone else at all, considering after eveything that had happened to you and to me. It's just strange for this, I'm just confused about everything and I'm barely hanging in there..."
Arizona liked what they talked about. Meredith said those things in order to calm her down. Of course she meant them, but everything was just falling apart, she was worried about her relationship and her girlfriend's mental state.
"Look, we're okay, okay? I understand why we said those things. You should go in your place and just take a break from all of what has happened." Meredith said. She felt like they needed a break from the whole situation. "Okay. I'll come visit you at least once a day. I love you" Arizona said. She kissed her forehead, more like "kissed" her forehead, because of the protective clothing. She left the room and grabbed her stuff and was headed to her hotel room. When Arizona left, Meredith let out a deep breath, and got lost in her thoughts again.

A.n: hey everyone! Sorry for not updating it for a while. But I'm back for now and won't be that active.