Chapter Eight

On the way to the motel, Jack had started healing Castiel's wings. He felt fine in the beginning, but once they got to the motel, Jack wasn't doing well. Jack felt unusually drained. His usual pale skin had a green undertone, and his powers felt weaker every time they touched Castiel.

Sam and Dean carried Cas while Jack limped behind. "I'm healing him, but it's very draining.... I-I don't know how long I can do it."

Dean fumbled the keys out of his jeans pocket. "You'll do it as much as he needs."

Sam glared at his brother. "It's ok Jack, just do as much as you can." Jack nodded.

They all got into the motel room and carefully placed Castiel on the first bed (face first of course). His wings fell off the bed, making slow blood pools under them. Sam realized they probably should have put some towels down.

"You heal him, I'll get us grub." Dean sighed as he made his way back out the door.

Tearfully, Jack continued healing Castiel.

Jack only was able to heal Cas for 30 minutes before practically collapsing onto the other bed and falling asleep. But even with the healing he did do, Castiel was still covered in injuries.

Sam grabbed the first aid kit. He cleaned and patched up most of the wounds on his back before doing the ones on his wings.

He carefully patched up each wound. He knew how sensitive they were. The base of his wings were dried with blood, but after careful cleaning he found that they weren't actually touched.

The other parts on the wings weren't so lucky. Jack had his work cut out for him.

After he did the best he could do, Sam climbed onto the dirty motel couch as he fell asleep.

The sound of Jack's snoring slowly faded out.

*
Dean mindlessly wandered through the grocery aisles. His mind was on nothing but Cas.

'How could I have left him down so hard.' He thought to himself. 'He's in so much pain... and it's all my fault.'

'Nothing you could do could ever save him." His dad's voice rang.

"Worthless."

"Disappointment."

He placed his head in his hands. He wanted to go to bed. He thought of how he treated Jack, and regretted it. His dads voice rang again.

"Piece of shit."

Feeling shittier by the minute, he hardly noticed what he was doing until he bumped into a figure behind him.