Chapter Eleven

Hiding their feelings from Jack and Sam was easier then anticipated. They made out in Deans room after Sam went to sleep, and playfully avoided the subject any other time.

Cas went into Deans room for the fourth night in a row.

Dean exitedly laid down. "We're like teenagers hiding from our parents."

Cas tilted his head. "Jack is three."

Deans face heated up. "Nevermind."

Cas and Dean kissed for a while before Dean stopped. "I found a new band."

Cas nodded.

Dean excitedly jumped up. "Can I show it to you?!"

Cas smirked. "Sure."

The music flooded the room. Dean did a small dorky dance before Cas pulled him back onto the bed.

*
Unfortunately, Castiel still had lots of healing to do.

Since last time he was healed by Jack unconscious, no one knew how painful wing healing actually was.

Every morning, around 9, Jack would take Cas to the library tables where Jack would heal him while Cas screamed. The first time he passed out, but each time was getting better and better.

Dean hated hearing Castiel scream. He would plug his ears while Sam distracted him by playing some of Deans favourite westerns, or playing any rock song.

Castiel hated each healing session, but he knew it was for his own good. Each time he would go into Deans room, seeking some sort of small comfort before joining Jack in the library.

This day, the fifth day, brought pain once again.

Cas followed Jack into the dusty bunker library and sat down backwards on one of the chairs. Jack sat up on the table and carefully started to touch the first wing. He gently massaged it in order to loosen it, but really it was just to get Castiel prepared for what comes next.

Jack started from tip to base. The burning got better by the time Jack got to his untouched base.

Once Jack started to heal, Castiel felt every cell and bone move in white hot pain. Cas's breath got knocked out of him, and groaning, he tried to bite down on his sleeve. "Ungggggg..."

Cas could feel Jack's energy coursing through him. He closed his eyes, imagining Dean and him peacefully sitting on the couch, no worries in the world.

On the contrary, Jack hated doing this to Cas. He hated it with every fibre of his being.

Once Jack finally got to the base of the wing, Cas relaxed and unclenches his jaw.
"Fuck.."

His swearing reminded Jack, again, how much pain he was in.

"Alright Cas, onto the next one."

*
Dean heard the screaming again. He wanted to go and help, but he knew there was nothing he could do.

Sam paced while the movie played. "I'm going to be make some coffee."

'Of course Sam hates this.' Dean felt awful not supporting his younger sibling, but he couldn't find the will to. Sam was grown, he could take care of himself.

Dean stared at him shoes as the sound of Castiel's screaming drowned him.