Epilogue

Sam had Jack in one arm and Dean in the other.

He helped Jack and Dean to the car. The hunter carefully laid Dean out in the back seat, and helped Jack into the passenger seat.

Dean slumped into the back, not moving.

Jack sobbed and the trees around them began to shake slightly.

Dean didn't notice, everything was white noise to him now.

Sam found himself going back for Cas's body. After everything they had been through, He knew that Cas deserved a hunters funeral.

Dean lay still in the backseat as the car started. Everything was blurry.

Sam drove down the highway without stopping. The Impala was silent and heavy. Sam cried when he saw that Dean and Jack were asleep. He didn't know why, but he felt that after everything, Dean needed protecting for once.

*
Three months since Cas died, and Dean prayed every night.

After returning some books to the library and finishing dinner, he just wanted to go to bed.

Feeling worn out, he walked towards his bedroom. He stopped right before the kitchen door when he heard Sam and Jack talking.

They were sitting on the small table beside the counter. Jack had his legs crossed, and Sam's head was resting in his palm.

"Sam?" Jack asked.
"Yes?" Sam replied in a very tired tone. "Why is Dean so sad? He wasn't this sad when Mary died. He's barely coming out of his room."

Sam pondered the question for a moment. "Dean and Cas had a special relationship. It isn't like the kind of relationship that you have with just anyone. Dean loves Cas like I love Eileen. We just need to give Dean some space right now."

Dean's stomach dropped. He didn't think that Sam knew.

"I get it. Like the kind of love Claire and Kaia have." Jack replied.

Sam nodded.

Behind the doorway, Dean looked down at his shoes. And for the first time in months, Dean Winchester smiled.

*

Cas

Dean kneeled at the foot of his bed. He pressed his hands together and gently rested his forehead against them.

Today Sam finally cracked the vamp case. Jodys checking it out.

He sighed.

Sam made me get groceries for the first time since you left. I saw bees and cried in the parking lot.

Dean's eyes watered.

I miss you, man.

Dean rubbed his eyes, craving sleep. He ended his prayers he same every night. He really hoped Cas could hear him, wherever he was.

I love you too

A/N:
I wanted to explain the part were Sam basically carries Dean and Jack to the car. I see myself in Dean a lot, and when I lost someone I really cared about I couldn't walk. It was really weird actually, like the grief just felt so heavy and I felt very dizzy so I couldn't really stand.
I might do a part 2 to this story if enough people want it. (It would be centred around them finding Cas in the empty)
I've also just published a new story! Please check it out, I'll be posting new parts regularly! :)