Chapter Thirteen

Rowena devised a plan. They were going to make their way to Tonopah, Nevada, go to one of the library's, and use a tracking spell to take Marvery down.

They all got on board with the idea right away.

Dean liked the plan. He enjoyed the concept of something actually working.

Jack immediately broke into a smile when Rowena finished speaking. All this time, throughout each healing session, the guilt of Castiel's pain festered in him. It was his fault. Everything. Finally, he began to see some hope.

Dean got the Impala ready, and unfortunately Cas had to stay in the middle of the backseat. "Witch killing bullets, silver, shotguns, Sam's hair shit..." Dean whispered to himself as he rummaged through the back of his car.

When they were all in the car, Cas twisted his wings around himself protectively. Dean had cut holes in his trench coat and shirt before they left. It was extremely uncomfortable, but he wanted to be there to see the witch die. Everything he had been through, she caused. He wanted clarity.

Rowena took a taxi. In her words she didn't "Want to sit in a leather beer  box on wheels."

Dean didn't even get defensive. He was happy they were getting somewhere.

It took two days to get from Lawrence to Tonopah. They left around 10 AM, and got to the first motel at 11PM.

As soon as they got their room, Dean sent a text to Rowena letting them know how they're doing.

Dean threw his keys and phone on the small wooden coffee table in the corner of the room. "I'll take the couch and get us food. You guys look up ways we can defeat the witch bitch."

Cas turned his body toward Dean. "I'll come with you."

Sam looked up from his half-unpacked bag. "What about your wings? I'm not sure that's a good idea."

Wanting Cas to come with him, Dean quickly made up an excuse. "He'll stay in the car. No one will know."

Sam sighed and continued unpacking him bag. "Remember to get be something vegetarian."

Dean and Cas exchanged knowing grins.

"Adios." Dean shut the motel door behind them.

*
Dean and Cas got to a small dirty A&W and parked in the empty lot. Dean put the car in park before turning to face Castiel.

"How are your wings feeling?"

Cas brought one of his (extremely) scrunched wings to his hand. "Ok. They hurt less then before."

Dean grinned at the angel. "That's good! I mean it's going to be over soon, so try and think about that."

Cas sighed, his mood was different then before. Heavier... Doubtful. "Maybe."

Dean tilted his head slightly. "Maybe?"

Cas regretted opening up. But Dean was stubborn, he wasn't going to let it go. "Rowena has been wrong before."

"Yes, but this is a witch. Kinda her area." Dean replied, annoyed Cas was having doubts.

"I'm sorry Dean. I don't mean to put this on you. Please forgive me."

Dean felt taken aback. "Don't apologize." He put his hand on Castiel's face and brought it closer to his own. "Not to me."

And with those words, he kissed him.