Chapter Ten

Silent tears fell from Cas's cheeks. He mindlessly wiped it, getting blood all over his hand.

Cas started talking again. "The witch- we aren't close to finding her. She could be gone by now, she could be dead and I could be stuck like this. My wings are so sensitive, it's making me a target. I- I'm useless in hunts, I'm just a cause for pain. The angels keep coming after me and put everyone in danger. No one needs me. I'm causing havoc."

Deans heart broke at the words. "What are you saying, man?"

Cas looked down at his shoes. "I'm saying maybe it would be better if I took a little vacation."

Deans eyebrows furrowed. "No- no no it wouldn't be. I don't- that's not.. Cas, I know your having a hard time, but that isn't a reason to give up. You're a valuable member to the team, and Jack would be heartbroken."

Cas sighed. "Jack?"

Dean looked down. "And me. I'm so sorry. I wish I could make it better, but I'm so drained. Im not good with this stuff. I'm sorry Cas... Please don't go.. We need you.. I need you."

Cas felt happy for the first time in a long time. "Really?" He whispered.

Dean smirked. "Yes, dumbass. Of course I do."

Castiel was controlled by his emotions for the first time. The hunters had a soft glow of the light behind him. His breathing was steady and slow, and he smelled of aftershave. Dean and him were so close..

Cas took Dean by the caller of his shirt, tilted his head, and kissed him.

He kissed Dean softly for a few seconds before pulling away. He obviously didn't know how Dean felt, and he immediately regretted not getting consent.

"I'm sorry Dean, that wasn't-" Dean put his lips on his and kissed him deeper. "Shut up." He whispered in between kisses.

Dean's insides exploded. All the confusion- all the pain, it seemed to melt away. Cas changed his life and he properly knew that now.

After a while, they stopped. Dean touched Cas's arm. "Thank you."

Cas tilted his head. "For?"

"Everything."

They decided to make some food for Dean. Since there wasn't an oven, and there was no other food, they drove to a fast food place and ordered in the car. Dean ate a burger while they talked and laughed.

Dean tiredly yawed for the third time. Cas put his hand on Dean. "Maybe it's time to back to the motel."

Dean looked at the clock on the Impala. It read 1:23AM. "Good idea. Tomorrow, witch hunting is top priority."

Cas felt truly happiness in that moment.

Dean played AC/DC with the windows rolled down as the cool night air brushed against them.

Dean and Cas also agreed to not tell Sam and Jack until they figured out their feelings, but Cas knew they would probably find out soon.

Once they got to the motel, Dean stripped the bloody bed and fell onto the mattress with a soft "oof"

Cas smiled. "Goodnight Dean."

"Night Cas."