18

3rd POV

They woke up on Christmas morning and greeted each other in the common room. Terry Boot decided to throw a party after dinner so they could get drunk before school starts because his father had sent him wine and champagne.

They opened presents with bright smiles playing on their lips. Harry got a quidditch book from Hermione, a new book bag from Blaise and Pansy, chocolates from Ron as usual, a notebook and quill set from Ginny and a beautiful handmade bracelet from Luna. Draco wanted to give his present when they were alone.

Hermione got plenty of books and Ron got lots of stuff for quidditch. Draco even bought him the newest broom model and it made the ginger cry. Pansy squealed and was grinning like a menace when she received tons of makeup and nail polish.

Ginny hugged Harry tightly when she opened the box that contained the beautiful leather boots. Luna didn't even open her presents and insisted that the colorful boxes were enough.

Blaise loved the jewelry and alcohols he received and accidentally broke a lightbulb when he uncorked the cork from the champagne.

Neville was gifted with gardening tools and he shed tears of joy when Blaise gifted him a rare plant from Mexico.

Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Luna and even Pansy were gifted with comfortable Weasley jumper and each of them were different colors and styles.

When Draco picked up a parcel, he shook it but not a sound came. He looked at it quizzically and opened it slowly. His eyes were glazed with tears that he refused to let out but failed and he let out a choked sob. It was his very own Weasley jumper. It looked familiar. It was silver with a big green D and a dragon on the D. It looked like his favorite Harry's Weasley jumper. He got up from where he sat and quickly wrote a letter to Molly.

He cried harder than Pansy did when she opened hers. He knew that he was close to the Weasley family but he didn't believe that he was a part of it as well.

Then, Draco opened the present that Harry gave. He stared at the ring, chain and the pair of beautiful earring with teary eyes.

"It's a promise ring. I guess I bought it at the right time because you know.. I bought it before we started dating. I'm sorry if you don't like it. We could change." Harry said nervously when Draco didn't say anything for about five minutes.

"I— I have no words. I love it. So much. I'm just overwhelmed. It just makes me so happy knowing that you wouldn't give up on me even when I was being difficult and because of our past. I'm just so happy." Draco got up from where he sat and jumped on to Harry, hugging him tightly and whispering 'I love you' over and over again in Harry's ear.

Harry hugged back and people around them cheered and cooed playfully.

"Hell, it was just a promise ring ! Not an engagement !" Pansy said, still laughing and cheering.

They settled back down and continued opening more presents. Draco was beyond happy when he received a potions kit from Hermione and Ron.

When they were done and the whole 8th year was about to go to the great hall for breakfast, Ron called for everybody's attention and Harry already knew what it was for.

"Umm... You know, congratulations to Harry and Draco.. Spea— Speaking about engagements.. I—" Ron got on one knee next to Lavender and pulled her to look at him. When she saw what Ron was doing, her eyes went wide as saucers and covered her mouth with her hands.

"Lavender Brown. I've took you for granted once. I didn't return the love that you gave me and I'm sorry. Please, will you be the honor of making me the happiest man alive ? Lavender, will you marry me ?" He asked nervously but it disappeared when Lavender attacked him with a bunch of kisses and screaming —screeching— 'YES !' into his ear.