8

3rd POV

A few months had past and it was in the early October now and the weather was getting colder acknowledging that winter will come very soon. The friendship between Harry and Draco did not move any further.

Draco, still afraid.
And Harry was too.

But both the boys reason was very different.

On stormy nights, they would sleep in one bed in each others arms with there legs tangled underneath the duvet. It felt like they've done it their entire life. In the mornings they pretended like nothing happened.

It was a hogsmeade weekend and Harry decided to take Draco on a date. Harry wanted to tell Draco how he feels. He wanted to kiss Draco again. He didn't want the kiss to be accidental or non-meaningful. He wanted to be able to call Draco his. He didn't want anymore platonic bullshite.

///

"You ready to go ?" Harry asked Draco with an exuberant tone clear in his voice. He was looking at Draco in awe. Draco was wearing a pink overrals and under it was a his silver Weasly jumper. He smiled happily knowing that the other boy had kept it.

"Yup.." Draco answered nervously. He knew what Harry was going to do. All the other dates he has been going with Harry, he knew Harry was going to tell him how he feels but Draco was scared and he would always steer the conversation away or find someone or something to distract him but today, Harry was taking him to somewhere he didn't know (probably).

They were now walking shoulder to shoulder to hogsmeade and their hands ocasionally brush with each other but neither said a word about it. Draco's heart was pounding in his chest. Harry on the other hand was excited to finally let his feelings out. He noticed that Draco had purposely ignore the topic when Harry wanted to talk about how he feels. After a few months, he noticed it too (that Draco liked him). He knew Draco liked him too but he didn't know why the boy would run away.

They arrived in a forest near the Shreaking Shack. He felt a little pang in his heart remembering Remus and Sirius but that won't ruin his moment with Draco.

They were now sitting on the ground. Harry was. Draco's head was in Harry's lap. They put heating charms around them to prevent them from getting a cold by the chilly Scotland air around them. Harry was raking his hands through Dracos soft hair. At first they were talking about random and school stuff, then it went quiete.

Harry suddenly leaned down and kiss Draco on the lips. Draco kissed back of course. When Harry pulled away, Draco knew the time had come but he didn't know how to distract Harry anymore. The tension between them was so thick that the sharpest knife couldn't even cut through.

"What are —" Harry didn't finish his sentence because Draco already got his head out of Harry's lap and was sitting beside him while he answered with a simple answer ; "Platonic, friends."

There was silence again. The trees around them were laughing at the obvious lie.

"Platonic.." Harry repeated. He was heart broken. Why did he lie ? Or did he really has no feelings for me ?.. His heart was literally broken in two but he didn't want to push it seeing the blonde beside him looked uncomfortable.

The air around them got colder so they both agreed to grab butter beer at the The Three Broomsticks before they went back to school. They both let out a sigh of relief when they saw Hermione and Pansy. They first didn't want to bother them but anything to cut the tension even if it was selfish. The two girls didn't seem to mind though. The room felt warm and homey like their common room and it smelled of beer.