Epilogue

3 Years Later

The cold breeze blew my hair into my face. I quickly used my fingers to brush the wild hair away. Hannah stood next to me, her hair blowing in her face just the same. We were standing on a big rock just outside of our backyard, looking at the sunset.

"These last three years have gone by so fast," Hannah wistfully said.

I nodded in agreement. These last three years have gone by fast! We, as a family, have moved houses. We were still in Iceland Town, but we had a bigger better house. Our new house has five bedrooms. The master bedroom, the guest bedroom, Hannah and I's bedroom, Henry and Calvin's bedroom, and Atlas and Annie's bedroom. Not to mention it had a huge backyard. Atlas and Annie were now in second grade, as they were nine and eight years old. Calvin and Henry were both in kindergarten, as they were six and five years old. Luckily, Hannah was a fast learner, so she was able to catch up with me academically. We were both seniors in high school, both eighteen years old, and both adults. We would soon move away to college, and start brand adult lives.

"I can't believe we're graduating in less than a week!" Hannah exclaimed.

"Me neither! Then, we'll be off to college," I breathed.

"I know!" Hannah nodded.

"Hannah! Evelyn! Are the both of you deaf?!" Small footsteps echoed towards us.

Hannah and I exchanged an eyeroll. Atlas.

Within a second, Atlas popped up next to us.

"I've been screaming for you guys! Why weren't you answering?" Atlas pouted while crossing her arms across her chest.

"Atly, we couldn't hear you. Ever think of that?" Hannah asked gently but with an edge of snarkiness.

Atlas looked defeated for a second before responding with a shrug, "I guess not."

For some reason, I burst out laughing. Hannah joined in. Atlas eventually started giggling. After a moment of laughter, I was able to speak.

"What were you going to tell us?" I wheezed.

Atlas immediately stopped laughing, "Oh yeah! When I came out, Cousin Amelia was only a few minutes away!"

When she came out? That means... From the distance, I could see the familiar purple car pulling up our long driveway.

"She's here!!" I yelled before bolting towards the house.

I ran up to the back door, swung it open, and darted through the house to the front door. The doorbell rang just as I got to the door. I yanked the door open.

"Amelia!" I smiled.

"Evelyn!" Amelia beamed back before wrapping me in a huge hug.

"Evelyn? Who's there?" Calvin asked while coming into the room with Henry.

"Cousin Amelia!" Henry exclaimed when he saw her.

"Cousin Henry! Cousin Calvin!" Amelia smiled while picking both of them up.

They hugged each other for a second before breaking away.

"Evelyn? Is Cousin Amelia there yet?" Hannah asked, carrying Atlas in.

"Yep! I'm here!" Amelia laughed.

"Cousin Amelia! I tripped over a chair!" Atlas pouted.

"Oh no! Are you okay?" Amelia asked worriedly, while taking Atlas from Hannah.

"Yeah!" Atlas smiled.

Amelia gave Atlas a hug before giving Hannah a hug, and placing Atlas gently on the ground.

"Kids?! What's all this commotion?" Mom asked while coming in with Dad.

"Aunt Kylie! Uncle Joshua!" Amelia called happily.

"Amelia! I thought you were still a few minutes away!" Mom stopped dead.

Amelia laughed before giving both Mom and Dad a hug.

"I have a surprise!" Amelia smiled wider than I thought possible.

Emerson and Finley scurried in behind her.

"Cousin Emerson! Cousin Finley!" Calvin screamed, diving into them.

We all scrambled into a huge group hug.

This was such a surprise! Amelia came at least four times a year, but Emerson and Finley only came maybe once or twice a year!

"Did Aunt Caroline and Uncle Aiden come too?" Atlas asked while peeking her head around the mass of people.

"Not this time, but they said they would try to make it next time," Amelia reassured.

I was not surprised. Neither Caroline or Aiden have visited for over three years.

After a few moments, everyone broke apart.

"Okay kiddos, go gather around the table to eat! We got pizza!" Mom exclaimed.

"Pizzaaaaaaaa!" A few small voices screamed in excitement.

Emerson, Annie, Henry, Finley, Calvin, and Atlas all charged to the dining room.

"Kylie and I will go help those crazy things," Dad smiled before heading to the dining room with Mom.

"So, you two are graduating?" Amelia said.

Hannah and I nodded.

"What college are you going to?" Amelia asked.

"We're both traveling to the United States to go to Havard," I said.

"All the way to the United States? Man! That's cool! Though I'm going to miss you guys," Amelia sighed.

"We'll miss you too," Hannah responded sadly.

"EVELYN!!! AMELIA!!! HANNAH!!! IF YOU DON'T GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE RIGHT NOW, YOU'RE NOT EATING TONIGHT!!!" Mom's voice screeched from the dining room.

The three of us stifled a giggle before hurrying to the dining room. I sat down in the nearest seat, and grabbed a piece of pizza. Before taking a bite, I glanced around the table at my family. Everyone was laughing and stuffing themselves with food. Soon I would have to leave them all, but no matter what they'll be my family. Not all by blood, but by choice. And a mighty fine choice at that!