Chapter 13: The Past Isn't Always so Great

~Kylie POV~

I was sitting at the dining table. Eating the lovely pasta Joshua and I had just made. Annie was oddly quiet while she ate her pasta. This confused me, Annie wasn't as loud as Calvin, but she definitely wasn't quiet either. Calvin was busy chattering away. Joshua sat next to me, eating like his normal, quiet self. The sound of the doorbell rang through the house.

"I'll get it." I said, getting up.

My family only nodded. I smiled kindly at them, and began walking to the front door. Who could it be? We never get visitors. I swung open the door, and froze. Before me was Kayla, my daughter. Or I guess it was Evelyn. But that really doesn't matter, does it? I stared at her, taking her in. Her hair was knotting and kinda matted. She had dirt around her face, but yet.. She had my same black hair, and blue eyes.

"Kayla.....Or no-Evelyn," I whispered, not believing my eyes.

"Mother?" She whispered back.

"My daughter!" I couldn't help, but burst out as sudden joy took over me.

I felt a huge smile appear on my face, as I wrapped my arms around her skinny frame, and hugged her. My feelings and happiness were all focused on her, my daughter. But my mind was wandering through memories.

I was eighteen years old. Only eighteen. I forced my body to sit up. I was laying in a bed. Joshua's bed. I glanced over at his face, his beautiful face. His blonde hair was stuck to it. I wish I could just see his eyes.. His brilliant green eyes.. I stood up, and walked to the bathroom attached to the bedroom. I turned on the shower, and took off the shirt I was wearing. It was Joshua's.... I climbed into the shower, and let the warm water run down my body. It felt so nice.... I stood in the water for a few minutes before washing my hair and body. I climbed out of the shower, and dried off. I put the old shirt back on. I slowly walked out of the bathroom. Joshua was just sliding on his shirt.

"Morning Ky." Joshua smiled his big, white smile at me.

"Morning Joshy." I let out a little smile back.

I walked over to the bed, and layed next to Joshua. I laid my head on his shoulder.

"Its already 10 am, Ky." Joshua mumbled, gently pushing me away.

"So? Were adults now." I muttered, attempting to lean back against him.

"Ky. I got to go to work." Joshua said, while standing up.

"Just call in sick." I mumbled while crossing my arms.

"I can't Ky." Joshua bent down, and kissed my forehead.

I only let out an angry sound. Joshua let out a small laugh, before heading towards the door. He stopped and turned around quickly.

"Ky?" Joshua's eyes held a slight panic in them.

"What Joshy? Decide to stay after all?" I smiled bigger.

"No Ky. I just need to ask... Your on birth control, right?" Joshua gave me a worried smile.

"No why?" I laid back on the bed.

A look of pure panic passed over his face. It took only a moment before I realized that I might be pregnant...

It was a few weeks after Joshua first thought I was pregnant. I mean, come on! He's just scared! We're only 18! We made a mistake, I'm not going to let a child come into our lives! It's literally May! I'm finishing my last year of high school! And Joshua just finished his last year when he was 17! Now he's working to support the both of us... I can't imagine another person!