Chapter 3: The Project

Amelia was wearing a long pink dress, a plastic crown, and a bright pink lip gloss. I was wearing a light purple dress, a plastic crown, and a bright red lip gloss. We sat in her clubhouse, in her room at a small table.

"Princess Evelyn?" 8 year old Amelia asked, eyes wide.

"Yes, Princess Amelia?" 7 year old me responded.

"Are you excited for our two new baby brothers?" Amelia looked dead serious.

"No! Their evil monsters!" I cried, trying not to laugh.

"You are right, sister! What are we ever going to do?" Amelia cried.

"Attack them." I glared at Amelia, and grabbed my plastic sword.

"Yes." Amelia agreed, grabbing her plastic sword.

We jumped out of the club house, and ran through the hallway into the next room. Two small cribs were in the room. The nursery. I scrambled over to Emerson's crib and grabbed him. I laid him on the floor, and put the plastic sword on his throat.

"What do you say, imposter?" Amelia hissed.

"Yes! Beg for mercy!" I chanted.

Emerson looked at us and cried. Amelia laughed, and I joined in.

A large hand grabbed my arm, and yanked me back, hard. I felt large hands spin me around roughly. Dad was glaring at me.

"What are you doing?" He asked coldly.

"Just playing! Stop ruining our game!" Amelia whined, stomping her foot.

Dad grabbed Amelia and pulled her towards us.

"Playing? Game? You put a sword to your baby brother's throat!" He shook us both once.

"S-Sorry!" I squeaked.

"You better be sorry!" Dad yelled.

He let us go only to calm Emerson, and put him in his crib. Then, he took us both by our arms, and pulled us downstairs. He then made us sit in chairs while he lectured us about being kind for 2 hours straight.

         BEEP BEEP

    I woke up immediately, and quickly turned off my alarm. I sat up, shaking. Was that a memory? Or just a dream that my mind made up? I shrugged, deciding it couldn't matter. I glanced at the clock. 5:00 am. I slid out of bed, and slowly walked to my door. I carefully opened it, and walked into the hallway. The cold night air hit my body; I suppressed a shiver. I made my way down the hallway. As I passed Emerson's and Finley's room, I saw their window was open. How could they sleep in such cold? I opened the bathroom door, and turned on the light. I shielded my eyes from the mighty rays as they poured onto my body. After a few minutes, I undress and turn on the shower. As soon as I hopped in the shower, the water warmed. I sighed, knowing I'll be in here a while.

I walked back into my bedroom, feeling much fresher. I went immetidanly to my closet. I grabbed a pale blue T-shirt, and a pair of black leggings. I changed quickly. I took my brush, and  brushed my hair thoroughly until it felt like silk. I braided it until it looked perfect. I swung my backpack over my shoulder, and headed down the hall to the stairs. I hopped down the stairs. Dad was standing in the hallway that led to the kitchen/dining room.

"Good morning, Evelyn." Dad gave a small smile.

"Good morning, Dad." I nodded in return.

"You look very nice, my daughter." Dad complimented.