Chapter 6: Guilty Lies

I sat on my bed with my legs crossed. I had to find out more. I just had to! I decided to start with the name and profile. You can find out a lot by a person's name and profile. I glanced at the name. Kylie Jones. There was no picture next to her name, so I clicked on the name. Her Facebook profile popped up. I immediately looked at the description. Name: Kylie Jones, Age: 33, Relationship Status: Married, Spouse: Joshua Jones, Kids: Annie (5) Calvin (3). I began to look through the posted photos. A small girl with black hair and blue eyes smiled at the camera. She was standing in what looked like a kitchen; she was holding a beautiful painting. I moved onto the next photo. The same girl wore a stunning dark blue dress. The dress came just past her knees. Her black hair was curled beautifully, and her eyes popped. Her arm was swung over a little boy. The little boy had big blue eyes, and curly blonde hair. The boy wore a white button up shirt with a black bow tie, and black pants. A man stood behind them with a hand on each of their shoulders. The man had dashing blue eyes, and fresh cut blonde hair. The man wore the same as the little boy. They all looked happy. This photo had a caption, which I quickly read. My family <3. When I looked at the photo, I couldn't help but smile. This must be Calvin, Annie, and Joshua. They looked so happy! I scrolled to the next photo. I suddenly held my breath at what I saw.

 A woman stood in front of a huge water fountain. Flowers of all colors surrounded her. Some hanging, and some placed neatly on the ground. She had big green eyes. Long black hair. Pale clear skin. A white smile. I stopped horrified. I had the same eyes, hair, and skin. Mom had the same hair and skin. I brushed it off. Everyone in the world has a twin, or someone who looked like them. It was common knowledge. I clicked off the profile, and back on the messages. I scrolled to the top of today's messages, and started to read without a thought.

Caroline: Hello Kylie. I need to ask you something.

Kylie: So you unblocked me now, Caroline?

Caroline: This is not the time Kylie.

Kylie: At least tell me how Kayla is?

Caroline: Kayla?

Kylie: My daughter.

Caroline: Annie's your daughter, and I have never met her.

Kylie: I'm surprised you know who Annie even is.

Caroline: Of course I know who Annie is! And Calvin!

Kylie: You should know, they're your niece and nephew! Now tell me how my Kayla is.

Caroline: Your Kayla? Her name isn't even Kayla! It's Evelyn! Me and Aiden raised her! Amelia, Emerson, and Finley are her siblings! She thinks I'm an only child! She goes to school! She has friends! She's happy! And she doesn't even know you, or your family exists!!

I slammed the laptop shut. Tears streamed down my face. I couldn't help it. How could no one tell me? Does Amelia know? What about Emerson or Finley? Wouldn't one of them tell me if they knew? At this point I don't even know. I laid down in my bed, and silently cried myself to sleep.

I woke up to darkness. Pure darkness. I looked at the clock. 4:56 am. I couldn't take it anymore. They lied to me my whole life. I sat up and stretched; when an idea struck my mind. I opened the laptop, and transferred Kylie's phone number to my phone.

Me: Hi, is this Kylie?

I turned off my phone and grabbed a flashlight next to my bed. I stood up and turned it on. I walked across the room to my closet. I grabbed an old big backpack laying next to the closet. I grabbed a pair of leggings, a pair of jeans, two T-shirts, a long sleeve shirt, some under clothes, and three pairs of socks. I divided what little clothes I had picked out in the three big pockets. I grabbed a hair brush, and a bar of deodorant. I packed both those items in the second smallest pocket. I searched my room for a few minutes and managed to find 286 dollars. I tucked them in the smallest pocket along with my phone, which was now on silent mode. I grabbed a dark purple hoodie, a pair of jeans, and under clothes. I picked up my old backpack, and walked towards the door. I placed the bag by the door, and headed towards the bathroom. I decided to take a shower; I never know when I'll get to take one again.