Chapter 12: Blueberries

I opened my eyes. Tiredness crept along my limbs. The bed felt rock hard underneath me. I felt Hannah squirm next to me. What time even was it? I looked over at the clock that was on a night stand next to the bed. It was blurry, so I had to squint. It was around 8 am, I think. I sat up in the bed. Some small black spots crawled out of the bathroom. I squinted at them. Was I still dreaming? I mean come on! Black spots? I rubbed my eyes, and squinted at them again. Cockroaches... That's what they were... Cockroaches!! I harshly began to poke Hannah without taking my eyes off them. I felt Hannah recoil against my touch.

"Hannah! Hannah!" I whispered loudly.

"What? Stop poking me!" Hannah hissed, pushing my hand back.

"Hannah! Look!" I said hurriedly.

Hannah sat up beside me.

"What?" Hannah repeated.

"Look at the bathroom door!" I cried, leaving one eye on the cockroaches, and one eye venturing to Hannah.

Hannah's eyes widen slightly.

"So many!" Hannah breathed.

"Let's get Atlas and Henry. We should leave." I suggested quietly.

"Yeah." Hannah whispered back, nodding slightly.

I slid out of the bed. In one arm I picked up my heavy clothes along with the money. Hannah crept past me. She gently switched Atlas into her arms from the bed. In my other arm, I scooped up Henry. As if they knew, the cockroaches turned, and started crawling towards us. I let out a scream, and darted towards the hotel room door. I shoved it open with my body, and threw myself outside the room. Once outside, I dropped the clothes on the ground. Henry squirmed in my grasp. I glanced down at him. He stared back at me with big eyes.

"Henry confused." Henry whispered to me.

"Bugs." I responded blandly.

Hannah came through the door. She threw the rest of the clothes on the floor. Atlas blinked at me, while squirming out of Hannah's grasp.

"Never knew you were so scared of bugs!" Hannah laughed.

"Shut up!" I hissed, my cheeks turning red with embarrassment.

"Shut up bad!" Henry cried at me.

"Where are we?" Atlas asked.

"We're in a hotel." Hannah replied.

"A hotel?!" Atlas squeaked excitedly.

"What hotel?" Henry sounded confused.

"It's a place where people sleep for a night." I explained.

"Oh." Henry sighed.

I threw him up in the air.

"Oh? Didn't you enjoy a nice sleep, sleepy boy?!" I teased.

"A nice sleep?! What about a free breakfast?!" Hannah asked in disbelief.

"Free breakfast?" Atlas stared at her in amazement.

"All the breakfast you can eat!" Hanna laughed, while ruffling Atlas's hair.

Atlas squealed, and began to leap up and down. Henry began to giggle. I smiled. Some breakfast did sound really good! As quick as we could, Hannah and I dressed ourselves, as well as Henry and Atlas in the heavy clothes. I slid the money in my pocket. Atlas sped forward. We almost ran down the hall. The dining hall was huge! There were old table clothes on 4 oldish really long tables. About 30 chairs were at each table, most of the chairs were already full. A lady in a maid dress thing walked over to us.