Home Sweet Hotel Room

The train's smooth movement across the terrain became a decently soothing motion.

The nearby cracked window blowing in a cool yet comforting breeze.

The chattering of children were louder than normal.
No adult or faculty member present to keep in line or contain their energy.

The sharp, high pitched whistle blew, the noise carrying itself through the horizon.

John rubbed his eye with the back of his hand.

The other kept by the cracked window, the smoke leaking through the opening.

To avoid attention, was his logic.
No need for a student to smell smoke and freak out-but John figured that he'd earned it.

With the new 'chaperone' he's about to get stuck with, he doubts that he'll get many smokes for a while.

Which was rather unfortunate....and unfair really.

He was a fucking adult.
Even as a kid-he never had chaperone!

Sure, he split at 15, but that only proved his point!
He took care of himself then-and he could sure as hell do it now.

He sighed, tension simultaneously leaving and straining up his body.

All that school crap...
Homework
Drama
Magic
His own fuckin problems-

This was probably the most relaxed he's been in months.

So sorry if he wanted to hold onto that.

       ————————————————

When they pulled into the station, the atmosphere was pretty warm, excited.

Family and friends eagerly waiting for their company's return after the extended period of time.

John shuffled his bags and feet down the staircase with a 'huff'.

He ignored the reunions around him and the sharp griefs that dug and clawed at his core, instead, making his way down the hall he thought he came through last time.

"It was about time Constantine. Any longer and I thought about leaving you to your own devices."

John groaned.

"Professor."
He 'greeted'.

That only earned him a routine 'Tsk' and scowl.
The usual.

Lord he really was getting a tolerance to the man.

"Constantine."

John hummed, then looked blankly at the hand extended to him.

Snape sneered, "Your belongings child."

The mage rose his eyebrows in an unimpressed nor surprised manner.
He didn't particularly feel like caring at the moment.

The blonde only shrugged before unceremoniously shrugging the bags and cage into the arm of his teacher.

The man grunted before sending them away, most likely the Leaky Cauldron.

The potions master didn't even speak to him before turning around, his heels moving fast to their way out.

John rolled his eyes at the behavior, feeling the familiar deja vu and followed the man anyways.

—————————————————

John Constantine suddenly remembered why apparitions were not his favorite way of transportation.

His hand clenched into his clothes, the fabric covering his torso twisting and further wrinkling.

For the second time he felt as those his insides were about to be his outs.

"Your room number will be the same and the guardian chosen for your well-being will arrive within the week."

"What you didn't sign up for it?"

"No. I have more important things to use my time for."

"Ouch mate-that hurt. Really. It did-got any idea of who's playin Ms. Poppins?"

The man gave him a look.

The expression spoke to the mage, of a man who seemed to've lost various amounts of brain cells with the question.

Heh.
Yeah he could get used to that.

"No. I do not currently have that information, while unlike the headmaster who most likely knows already, I shall come into knowledge by the start of your second year."

"Ah.................no idea?"

"No!"
"Ight! Sorry mate-just curious is all!"

——————————————————

John ran his hand down Astra's feathers.

Next year huh?

I'm sorry, it was short! Forgive me!!

This chapter was mainly so short because I was experimenting with it. I have switched and wrote this chapter on my new phone and I'm trying out for any bugs that need to be fixed.

Do I have forgiveness this time?

Anywho-we are sadly nearing our end but I promise the next one will be at it's regular length.
Until next time~