Progress

John flipped through the pages rapidly, searching intensely for key qualities.

Powerful
Capable of earth/world travels
Rooted in dark magic and energy

Most likely a demon, fallen angel or something in between.

The fireplace gave him an adequate amount of lighting as papers were spread along the common room's large coffee table.

John had marked down several different names.
He looked into natures, origins, abilities and different locations that've been recorded.

He had decided on one name that stood out among the rest.

Mephistopheles

If any of these books correlated with anything back on his earth, than the closest name he's found was the demon Mephistopheles.

Unfortunately, he couldn't know if he was right.
But so far, the characteristics stood out with him from the previous fateful encounter.

Draco didn't know what was wrong with him.
His health was up to standards and nothing physiologically damaging had happened(recently anyways).

So why couldn't he sleep?!

With a quiet but ever so frustrated groan he unrolled himself from his bed sheets and sat up.
Perhaps he should read until exhaustion finally found him again.

He reached over to his dresser and felt for his wand, quickly putting up a Lumos to see.

With that, he paid no mind to the other beds and made his way out.

The first thing he noticed was the light.

The fireplace was lit.

Draco knew it wasn't just left there as he heard the fluttering of papers moving.

He made his way down, diminishing his spell as well.

Once in view, he was surprised to see the familiar blonde head of Constantine bent over.

Was he doing homework?

Draco shrugged, ignoring the other as he made his way over to a bookshelf.

Something boring will do.

Thick paged and uneventful.
A romance perhaps?(he's 11 for gods sake-of course he ain't gonna care for that!)

After picking up the first thick covered book he saw, Draco spun around on his heels towards the stairs.

".......german folklore........."

Draco stopped and turned his head mid step at Constantine's muttering.

".......deceitful, manipulative, temperamental and overall dangerous......."

The blonde boy frowned.
That didn't sound like anything in their curriculum........outside reading then?
That mudblood does it all the time.

".......shapeshifting, inhuman strength, illusions, world travel and of course ability to tap into black magic."

What?

Black magic?

".....bullocks.......real fine mess you've found yourself in Constantine........tck, who are you kiddin? Right up ya alley Johnny."

Constantine held up a piece of paper to his face.
"Let's get this bugga aye?"

So far Draco was confused.....what the bloody hell was his peer talking about?!

Was he looking for some sort of magical creature or something?!

Some sort of extra credit for that mumbling idiot Quirrell and his pets?

"First off-gotta drop you off by the library-"

The blonde stood up, the child in Malfoy making him quickly shuffle back up the stairs and slipping quietly through the door.

———————————————

John needed to find Harry.

He'd prefer to drop off the books tonight before someone reported them missin.
He might have to use a little of his negotiating skills(what little he has) for usage over that cloak of his.

Unfortunately, John didn't know any spells for invisibility or much illusion shifting to that extent.

He'd try to catch the ebony haired boy after one of their classes, so for now he shoved his nose in his book before for the teach could start yellin at him.

But if he couldn't catch up to him in time, the worse case scenario was for John to just sneak in like last time.

———————————————

Harry decided.

They would go to Hagrid's after curfew for some answers.

The Philosopher's stone was being guarded and they needed to know more.

"Harry, are you sure we couldn't just go now?"

Harry shook his head,
"As much as I want to Ron, after curfew is probably better......if it makes you feel better, we will be using the cloak."

Even while his friend looked slightly relieved, the idea of breaking their curfew still didn't still well on the redhead.

"Come on Ron, we'll be late again if we don't hurry up!"

The Gryffindor grimaced.
"Yeah.......I really don't want 'ermione callin us out on it again.....I barely got through her talk the last time!"

Harry grinned at his friend's expense as they picked up their pace.