Findings

(Not my meme, but the Constantine actor Matt Ryan is a god; just putting that out there)

John sighed as he drank the local shop's coffee, looking through the day's paper that the waitress gave him.

It was a around 8:47 am and he was exhausted.

He'd normally try an attempt for a bar with his card but even with a 'real ID', he'd get kicked out in a second with a face this young.
He would try a library later, but first he needed a hotel or something.

Contacting Manny had been a bust, bringing up a few more questions with a couple possible explanations.

The scavenger hunt took a few hours in itself, John definitely lost track of how many looks he got.

Heh, he almost got pulled over by a cop too.

Didn't blame em though, seein a kid lookin beat up and running around the city did raise its share of wondering.

But he finally found a decent sized park- a big field and a playground smack in the center.
Fortunately the playground had a sandbox big enough for an angel calling to be done.
Just hoped that his heavenly contact would pick up the phone.

Taking some of the dried myrtle from the plastic bag and holding it, he rubbed his hands together and blew it forward like powder.

John titled his head towards the heavens and raised his voice.

"By the Devine powers that keep the balance, bring forth your servant of ministering. By your wisdom, and your justice,..........please....."

He even said please.

John waited, silently thankful that he was the only one here.
"Come on Manny, come on....."
Last thing he needed was people passing by and calling the police for the kid hopped up on who knew what, doing some occultism.

Only a part of the story would be true anyways.

"Com'on ya bugga!"
His voice pitched higher and to his dismay, almost cracked.
Fuckn hell....John hated puberty first time around-like hell was he about to sit through another one!

"Don't leave me hangin like this you FEATHERY PRICK!"

.
.
.

"God.....Fuckn...Damn it...........fine...."

John shuffled his feet around the box, messing the circle until it was unrecognizable.

He rolled his eyes, sticking his hands in his pockets. "Lovely...."

He made his way off the box.

"I always have to do the hard shit on my own."

John paid his coffee and food with the cash he snuck off some bloke on the way there, and made his way out the door.

He didn't have enough for more than a few nights at a room, probably couldn't take the chance either.

There were only so many Home Alone:Lost in New York lies that he could make off using before child services rolled their ugly mugs around the street corners.

And another unfortunate fact he learned:
Turned out that the year was 1991, not 2015.

John's current working theory was that he was on another Earth or timeline.

Unfortunately not the first time either have happened, John thinks he even might've done a bit of both one time helpin either of the Leagues.
Whichever needed his advice this time.

Stepping out he squinted up at the sun.

        ———————————————

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Severus."

"Two? In one night? How can we be sure that it was the same unknown child?" The man, now dubbed as Severus, asked in a sarcastic tone. "The second source was picked up miles away from the first."

"Well, we don't know for sure. The reason why we think they're even remotely close is that neither were on record nor could they trace the child to his or her location. Oh, and Severus, the second was after a few hour period, they simply could have walked."

Severus glared at the man before him, almost growled really, how was he supposed to work with the annoying elder man to find the kid, if he didn't end up cursing him first?

"And remind me, Headmaster. Why are we doing the Ministry's job locating them?"

A twinkle of amusement passed through the headmaster's blue eyes, "Simple, I took the job."
Snape's eye twitched,
"With us already helping and looking for students before August, what's one more for us to find?"

Severus didn't believe him for a second.
"Us as in me?"

"Oh dear Professor, what made you come to that conclusion?"

"Because that's what usually happens." He stated in a-matter-of-fact-ish tone before leaving(not sulking) out the door.

The headmaster chuckled as the door closed, then glancing down at the current report of the energy recorded.

"Oh, I have a feeling that you'll be a handful."