The Holidays

Harry woke to Ron's yelling.

While Hermione went home, Ron had stayed behind with him.
It was a nice feeling.......to not be alone.

The ebony haired first year ran up to the stair's ledge, taking in the appearance of his friend over by their house tree, he greeted him with a smile.

"Hi Ron! Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas Harry! Check it out-we got presents!"

Harry frowned, presents?
From whom?

"Presents?"

"Yeah! They're mostly from my mum n dad, but you got some too!"

Really?!

Harry leapt down the stairs, passing a few steps along the way.
This was the first time in years that he's been this excited for Christmas!

He knelt down by his best friend and the warm fireplace, it was a cold morning in Hogwarts.

He politely let Ron go first, they were from his own parents after all.

One of his best friend's gifts contained a sweater; with a big yellow R in the center.

Ron seemed suspiciously unsurprised at the gift-perhaps this was a common this he got?
But to Harry's surprised-he got one too!

Along with something else near the bottom of the pile.

—————————————————

John flicked the lighter open and closed as he walked through the halls.

Unfortunately, the sections of the library he needed most were blocked for first years.

Pity.

Guess he'll have ta sneak in~

But first John was headin up towards the kitchen for an apple or something, he could use a snack while he was roamin around the halls unsupervised.

———————————————

His plan had failed.
And his master was not pleased.

The only info they had managed to grab throughout the night was that a bunch of first years took out his distraction!

But there was a few things particularly strange about the group...

Firstly-the troll itself.

It was burnt to such a degree that you could taste it's cooked flesh just by looking at its new state.
No first year could manage that.

He's followed the curriculum for years-the only years that could handle teaching such a spell with that much power wasn't until the fifth year!

The only members out of the group even plausible were Granger or Potter.
But Granger said it herself that she couldn't do it and Potter's still so green to the wizarding world.

Then the other too then?

Weasley?
Never.

So that left the lone Slytherin that straggled along....unfortunately he never caught the never of him but there was such a strong sense of familiarity it drove him nuts!

But no matter.

Either one of them could've casted it-and if they did, for all they knew it was accidental of all things!