A Little Fun

John stirred the cauldron slowly.

Thankfully he was almost done with whatever assignment Snape had them do this time.

It all seemed like filler work to the blonde.
The potions Professor had been distracted lately, giving them a shit load of homework while he would do fuck all.

Did John really care?
No.

Not really.

But a part of him was curious though.

He put out the flame and let the cauldron begin cooling.

He wondered if it had anything to do with Quirrell.....the off feelings, odd behaviors and Snape's suspicions....if the DADA teacher had something up his sleeve-what would the professor accomplish at Hogwarts of all places?

It was a school wasn't it?

John carefully extracted enough of the potion to filled up a few test tubes, laying the glass pieces in their rack.

The blonde proceeded to check off boxes on his worksheet, and soon enough he was done.
And bored.

He took a glance around the classroom for the teacher in question.
Scowling when he didn't see him.

Where the hell was he?
His lazy ass needed to see if John did it right!

John rolled his eyes and sat down, spinning around his pen lightly.

Within his boredom, his eyes shifted from one side to the other.
Taking in different students and conversations as they passed.

He frowned when he saw a certain Slytherin, currently about to follow through with the wrong step.

He rose his voice a little so the boy across the table could hear him.

"Oi, Malfoy mate."

The called received him a raised brow of expectance.

"You're suppose ta squish em mate; you were bout to cut them. You don't get the right results cuttin em."

Malfoy blinked before looking at him with disbelief.
Yeah-it was common knowledge that the snake house's golden boy was something of a pro with his potions so far, even rivaling Hermione in the classroom; but even the most experienced blokes made mishaps.

Take half of John's life choices for instance.

The Slytherin student frowned himself, looking back to his directions before making another slightly surprised glance at him.

In a dignified manner, the blonde silently began correcting his errors.

With out any appreciation mind you.

Shrugging, John went back to fidgeting with the black pen he held.

        ———————————————

John was bored.

John Constantine was bored.

John Constantine being bored wasn't something that turned out well for anyone.

He could fix his boredom, his eyes running over the soon-to-be-victim.

TARGET ACQUIRED

John held out his hand below waist level, making sure no one could see his digits as magic poured out and flew across the room.

Moments later, something peculiar began happening.

The very edge of Professor Quirrell's robes started to warp and change.
The tone and coloring getting lighter.

No one had noticed the change yet, the students were too focused on their textbooks while the teacher himself wasn't very bright to begin with.

The change in color began to make its way up, the tone an awful one.

One that was Lighter. Brighter. Pinker.

John nudged the student sitting next to him lightly with a shoe.

Not turning his head, the student followed his line of sight.....and eventually on the pink plaguing on up along the purple.

The Slytherin boy bit his lip, not letting his laughter escape yet.

Quickly he twisted around to quietly gather the attention of those around them, the silent alert system making its way along the class body no matter what house was nearby.

John placed his hand back on the table like nothing was wrong.
Because there wasn't right?

Or maybe.......

The blonde looked around in a confident manner, drawing the attention of surrounding peers.

Quirrell had yet to notice the student's change let alone his own, his attention firmly on the blackboard he wrote upon.

By now the pink had reached his shoulders.

Now, John had made it this speed for the sole purpose of not getting caught right away, it was possible that it hasn't even reached Quirrell's front yet.

With a small but sharp snap of his fingers, several white feathers of different lengths sprouted upon the teacher's slowly shifting color turban.

Now John couldn't help but laugh a bit chokingly, a soft but strangled sound.

The release of amusement signaled to others that they were allowed to laugh without being singled out, like dominos the class shifted from it's previous studious atmosphere-to something John preferred.

He grinned as Quirrell turned around, bemused at his student's sudden source of entertainment.
This of course, only made the class laugh harder.

The DADA professor yelped as he spotted the new sorry state of his sleeves, grabbing at them and other parts of the fabric as he realized the change wasn't in a singular location.

The blonde observed the new chaos quietly with a grin.

For a change, both houses were laughing with each other instead of at.

John met the eyes of Harry and Ron, bouncing his eyebrows up and down to confirm himself as the culprit.