And The Winner Is-

Tensions were high amongst students of all years....from all the excitement of their previous Professor's attempted theft and their peers who apprehended him....

They've been waiting for this moment all year.......The House Cup.

John was debating in wether he should skip dinner or not....it was the last dinner they would have at Hogwarts and it wasn't like he had any extra coins for that train kart.

But he could just stock up with the breakfast before they leave.....

He didn't exactly want to stay for the cup winner announcement either.

He's expressed his opinion before: he couldn't give two shits for the house cup.

Winning or not was fine and all, but he didn't find it important like those kids did.
The mage probably sounded like a real downer, soundin like an adult and all.

Right now he was thinking of where he was gonna be let off at....back to the Leaky Cauldron most likely.

And John was fine with that.
He didn't have any other plans so far.

So far.

He spun his pen absentmindedly.

       ———————————————

Harry bounced his knee in anticipation.

He was currently trying(and failing mind you) to keep his nervousness under wraps.

Last time he checked, his house didn't do so well.

He looked around the room, scanning his eyes across the Slytherin in search of his new friend.

That's what he was right?

They had to be friends by now!

Where was John anyways?

The black haired boy hadn't seen much of him since Quirrell a week or so ago.

He hoped he was faring well; last he saw of the blonde, he was walking through the halls sporting a black and blue ring around his neck.
Looked painful too....Harry didn't know why he didn't just get Madam Pomfrey to heal it already...

With a sigh he turned his attention back towards his table.

Hermione and Ron seemed to've bonded a little because of the incident.

Bonded being a little overstretched.... oh they still argued, but it didn't seem to have the same energy as before.....
Banter could be a close term for their interactions now.

He tapped his fingers against the wood mildly, following an easy but rhythmic pattern.

"H-hey Harry?"

Harry turned to his left,
"Neville?"

The boy bit his lip.
"I-I'm sorry for threatenin to tell on ya's the other day.....its been on my mind ever since! It's just-"
"-it's alright Neville."

Neville titled his head.

He basically threatened them....and he was forgiven?

"You were just doin what you thought was right.....just like we were....so yeah, I forgive you."
Harry scratched the back of his head.
"As far as I know, Ron and 'ermione don't have anything against ya either..."