Mornin

Somehow John was the first to wake up, which, in his opinion, wasn't so bad.

While the adolescents slept away, John prepared for the day.
If he had to guess, it was probably around 6:00-6:30 am.
It wasn't really early to John, having been an adult and living it's lifestyle.

If his memory served him right-then class started at 8:30.
John will utilize this time by avoiding other classmates and exploring the halls.

John felt the hat being pulled off him.

The Greenies aye?

He stood up and walked to the Slytherin table placed by the wall.

The applause dimmed as he sat down in an open spot, he was a bit away from his new housemates but John didn't care much for it.

The sorting ceremony continued with a few more students, adding the last kids into their place.

When the process was over, Dumbledore stood up from his chair.

"Students. We welcome you to another year at Hogwarts!"

His face was proud but kind, genuine about the children's company.

"Now, for the first years, a few rules must be established.

The Forbidden Forest is strictly forbidden.
Do not stay outside your dorms after curfew unless you have the presence of a teacher, failure to do so will ensure punishments deemed fit.
And finally, Mr. Filch has asked me to remind you, the third floor corridor is out of bounds to all students.
Venture out of its way, for I do not think you wish to die in a most painful death."

He smiled as if he didn't just drop that.

"Please, enjoy the feast."

With a wave of his hand, platters and plates filled with food appeared in front of them.
Cups-or goblets?-were already filled along with silverware ready for their usage.

Looking around, John saw the children digging in freely.
Bad idea most times, John's lost count of how many times he's been tricked, cursed and poisoned from careless stunts like this.

But he was hungry, and this was a school!
So what the hell?

Gingerly laying some cut turkey and a cob or two of corn, John didn't find the items to be too bad.

A downside of having no one to talk to, at this point things were exceptionally boring.

An up was that he could listen to others freely.
Keeping his eyes down, his focused his eardrums to those around him.

"-that Potter is blockheaded I'd say, turning down an opportunity that this! Instead choosing a blood traitor of all else!"

"Dimwitted perhaps?"

"I'd think so, but aside of this, our duty as Slytherins are keeping our hold as the cup's champion going strong! Four years in a row is only a running start!"

There were hums and similar sounds of agreement, within his peripheral, he could spot a few nodding.

Although they sounded a bit arrogant, John mentally let it slide.
They were kids who were competing for a longtime goal, let them be bullheaded with determination.

After about an hour or so later the food vanished and students were following a leader of their houses.

John couldn't help but find it weird that they were living near the dungeons they apparently had.

Inside the dorm was surprisingly, stylishly decorated.
Walls filled with books, wooden tables and chair scattered across, a large couch along with a few side lone chairs circled a fireplace in the right side wall.

A theme of dark green and silver ever so present.

The first year boy's room was conjoined, a bathroom from the door's left, a heater placed in the center while beds surrounded it.

Between most beds were a window, so fighting for a good position didn't happen much.

They had a good view of a lake though, dark but surprisingly clear.

Even while it was still cold as hell-John supposed getting a decent night of sleep was required.
Who knew what tomorrow would bring.

John straightened his now green and silver tie once more as he slipped through the door and down the stairs.

Draco blinked as he heard the sound of a door open and shut, little pats of footsteps following with it.

He groggily sat up on his elbows, eyeing each bed for a head count-There.

A bed across him, quite poorly made and empty.

He listened in as he heard the school's standard shoes were being drug across the main dorm room's flooring.

Deciding since he was already up with the other first year, he got up and out the door.
He'd get changed later if he decided his peer was worth walking to.

Even while he was a Slytherin like him, their behavior matters as well.
Take Pansy for an example, she was in the great and proud house of snakes but was annoying as all hell.

Always chattering to her heart's content with no visible end and continuously bugging Draco specifically.

He made his way down the steps to see a blonde boy halfway through the main door.

"It's rather early isn't it?"

The boy stopped and turned his head to him, his body stuck in an odd angle, "Yeah I guess so mate, but that last thing I need is to be hours late for class and still have no idea where I am."

Oh, so he was going to explore to avoid tardiness.
Reasonable, but why this early?

"Still almost three separate hours from our first class."

The blonde shrugged, "Big castle mate, and I'm up anyways."

Draco shrugged.
Alright, the other boy didn't seem entirely incompetent.

"We'll head to breakfast first." Draco decided, "My father had showed me around the school's halls previously. Unlike the lot upstairs, I will not be getting lost anytime soon."

He turned around when he heard him speak, "'We'? You're coming with?"

Draco rose a brow, "Obviously."

The boy deadpanned, "Yes but didn't you say it was 'too early'?"

A very Malfoy smirk fell naturally on his face, "And didn't you say we were 'up already'?"

The boy had a slightly amused expression, a smile of his own meeting Draco's.

Draco didn't recognize the other boy and he didn't care to remember most of the names after his during the sorting.
But the dirty blonde seemed like a decent choice in becoming integrated within his group.

So far anyways.

He stuck his hand out, even with the fact that the other was across the room.

"Now, I don't believe we've met-Malfoy."
Draco stood tall; proud of his family's name.
"Draco Malfoy."

The blonde stepped away from the door, instead coming closer in strides, taking up the offered had.

"John Constantine."

My dumbass didn't upload this yesterday,
Happy Halloween by the way🎃