The Years End

John stuffed another apple down his coat pocket and sighed, equipped with a rather unfortunate exhaustion.

He didn't get a damn decent worth of sleep that entire night.

The literal children were loud as hell.

Yeah sure, great that they won n all-but shite mate! He didn't exactly want to sleep on the train but now he'll probably have to!

The mage ran a hand down his face.

They would be leaving within the next few hours.
John had already packed days ago.

He stepped out of the Great Hall and into the hallway, dodging students here and there.

The dirty blonde was glad that Harry and them got at least second place.

With the bandages and bruises they still sported around, John figured that they deserved at least that.

"Ah! It is a fine morning is it not Mr. Constantine?"

John looked up to see the headmaster, whose voice traveled down the hall.

"Suppose it is sir."
He politely called back.

Dumbledore tilted his head, staying in place until John was up further.

"I have to say, I observed that you didn't quite make an appearance at dinner yet again."

"Yeah." John shrugged, "Suppose not, wasn't really feelin like it so I went to our dorms instead."

"A bad decision was it?"
He gestured to John's dark circles.

"Oh yeah. Half of me kinda wished we lost, just so that I could get those few hours of my life back."

The headmaster laughed quietly.
"But you wouldn't've cared if you had lost?"

John shook his head.
"Not one bit."

"May I be inclined to to ask the reason? In my experience, the House Cup is a fine little goal of competition for younger students."

John frowned.

"Younger?"

"Quite! The elder years have more opportunities to participate in other events."

"You mean there's more than the house cup?"

"Oh yes! Plenty of alternatives. Next year, with the exception of Mr. Potter, second years have the opportunities for playing Quidditch. Naturally, different areas of academics will expand as well. Oh!-Between you and I, the wizarding tournament will be hosted at Hogwarts for the first time in decades soon!"

Now it was John's turn to tilt his melon.
"The wizarding tournament?"

"An event of sportsmanship entailing a few different schools. By the time it comes around though, you won't be of age to participate."

The blonde blew out a sigh of relief.

Then his frown deepened at the air shifted.

"May I know, young John, why you decided to assist them with Quirrell?"

The mage gazed up towards the elder man.

"Well isn't it obvious mate? I mean-It's what anyone should've done."
John looked down to his moving feet. "Regardless of what bloody house that ratty ol hat placed my person in."