S2-E1: Sunburned P1

Because I am now making the animated series, I will probably not be posting this on a weekly basisI'm not going to stop posting, it just won't be on a schedule like last time.

Previously on Corona City…

Cassandra pulls out the file with Varian's mother.
"The accident wasn't an accident,"  Maisie said.
"The government is trying to hide something," Varian whispers.  "I need to find the answers."
"I thought you'd say that," Cassandra grins.
"If you did like someone, Cass, what would they be like?" Rapunzel asks.
"Kind, a little funny, strong, and doesn't stare at himself in the mirror twenty-four seven," Cassandra replies.
"Hey!  Let me go!"  Varian screams as someone in the black car grabs him.
"Dr. Meyer was working on something called Project Moonstone,"  Andrew said.
"One day, kid. I will get my hands on you, and when I do, you will pay!"  Baron glares at Varian
"If they let you, maybe you can visit us in jail."  Andrew was being shoved in the back of the police car.
"You can call me Cassie."  Cassandra grins
The Moonstone lays in a storage unit in DK Tech, pulsing light.  A small wave of electricity sparks.  Screen goes black.

Sunburned P1

On a quiet, still path, a tortoise had slowly been crossing it.  He turned his head slightly to look at a rock that began to shake with a rumble.  Then, a giant four wheeler jumped the hill with a second following.

"Slow down, slow down, slow down!"  Varian grasped his seat as the vehicle jostled about.

Cassandra smirked as she sped up.

"That's faster!  Oh, no.  Tree!"  Varian squeezed his eyes shut.

Skillfully, Cassandra avoided the trees and slowed to a stop once passing the large rock.  The second four wheeler pulled up next to theirs.  The eighteen year old grinned slyly as she leaned her elbow on the steering.  "How was that, Fritzherbert.  Five out of five."

"You wanna try again?"  Rapunzel asked energetically, almost bouncing in her seat next to her boyfriend.  Her long bleached hair was in a low ponytail, but shorter strands were wild and all over her face.  She swiped them away.

"Love to, Raps, but uh… I'm thinking we've had enough extremes for today," she said as she nodded her head towards Varian.

"Sure you just don't want to lose your winning streak?"  Eugene teased.

Cassandra chuckled.  "You know, you're called a loser for a reason, right?"

"And she's just as cruel and cold as ever,"  Eugene muttered.

"Eugene, she had only been gone for a week and a half,"  Rapunzel said.

"Best week and a half of my life,"  Eugene spoke under his breath.

Rapunzel gave him a glare.  She looked back at Cassandra and Varian.  "Ooo, how about we go get some lunch and ice cream?"

Varian looked at his three friends at this news.  "We're not racing back are we?"

"Oh, we're so racing back!  Fritzherbert!"  Cassandra readied the four wheeler.

"Oh, ho, ho!  It is on, Dragon Lady!"

"Waaaait!"  Varian gasped as they suddenly leapt forward in the vehicle.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sitting in at a table outside under an umbrella for shade and having an icecream cone was definitely more relaxing to Varian than the previous activity.  "What flavor did you get, Eugene?"