Episode 2:Beginings P2

I decided to post every Saturday instead of Tuesdays, so you get this episode early!

◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Do you want me to drive you there or would you rather walk?"  Quirin peeped in his son's bedroom.

Varian pulled his headphones off.  "Oh, uh, I was gonna ride my bike, if that's alright."

Mr. Meyer nodded.  "Yes, just be careful, alright."

"Yes, sir.  I will."  Varian smiled at his father.

"I'm going to be out for a while.  Call me if you need me and I'll leave the door unlocked in case you come home earlier than I do,"  Quirin said.

"Ok.  I'll see you tonight."

"Alright."  Quirin left the doorway.

Varian set his large headphones down on his bookshelf.  His room was rather small, but he had the entire garage.  That just meant he tended to keep his room tidy, but his workspace in the garage was an organized mess.  A mess to others, and to him, he could always find what he was looking for.

He checked his watch.  It was about time to leave.  He got up from his bed and detached the headphones from his phone.  After that, he put his phone deep in his pants pocket so that it would not fall out as he rode his bike.

His bike was deep blue.  Not exactly a navy blue, but it was rather close.  It didn't take long to ride to Dennis's house.  He put pixel pods in his ears as music played on his phone.

...Wo-o-o-o-o-oh, wo-o-o-o-o-oh

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, never gonna give it up
No please don't wake me now

This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-i-i-ife!
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-i-i-ife...

He pulled into the driveway wand turned off the music coming from his phone.  He put his pods back in their case and put it in his pocket.  Once he was situated, Varian walked to the front door.  His stomach twisted in knots, but he summoned up his courage and knocked.

A moment later, the door was opened.  Varian had been expecting Dennis or his mother to open the door.  He hadn't been expecting his new friend's older sister to answer it.  It caught him off guard.

She had short black hair and deadly hazel eyes.  Her wardrobe spoke edgy and dark.  Varian recognized her from some of his classes.  For some reason, standing right in front of her under the petrifying gaze, made him not as scared as he had been of her.  In fact, she was actually kind of pretty…

Scratch that.  The girl standing before him was down right gorgeous.  She blinked.  Her hazel eyes glistened in the light.  His heart gave a flutter and his face grew more red than it ever had when he was near a girl.  Even when he somehow ended up next to Faith.  No, this was more.

"Are you just gonna stand out there, or…"  the girl snapped him out of his trance.

"Oh, right.  S-sorry."  Varian blushed even harder if it was possible.  He stepped into the house.

"Hey, Varian!  You made it!"  Dennis waved.

"Hey, Den…  You don't mind if I call you that, do you?"  Varian rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Sure.  Most do, but some people seem to force Dennie."  The boy squinted his eyes at his sister.

She merely rolled her eyes and went upstairs after closing the door.  Dennis waved her off.  "Don't pay any attention to her, she's like that.  Her name is Cassandra, by the way."