Episode 5:On the Ball

Good morning and good night
(Jeremy Jordan-Varian Meyer)
I'll wake up at twilight
(Eden Espinosa-Cassandra Guard)
It's gonna be alright
(Mandy Moore-Rapunzel/Sunny Corona)
We don't even have to try
(Zachary Levi-Eugene Fritzherbert)
It's always a good time
(Jonathan Banks-Quirin, M. C. Gainy-Mr. Guard)

Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh
(James Monroe-Lance)
It's always a good time
(Sean Heyes-Pete, Diedrich Bader-Stan)
Whoa oh oh oh, whoa oh oh oh
(Peter MacNicol-Principal Nigel)
We don't even have to try
(Julie Brown-Ariana, Clancy Brown-Fredric)
It's always a good time
(All other voices)

Written by Cupcakegirlpower
Tangled is owned by Disney
Theme Song: It's Always a Good Time
By Owl City and Carly Rae Jespen

Off the Ball

"Cassandra has the ball. She weaves past numbers 32 and 12. She's taking the ball for the shoot. She kicks! She shoots! She scores! She brings her team yet another exciting victory!"

"You know, for someone who makes herself look like the cold, uncaring type of persona, she sure does have a vivid imagination when it comes to sports."

Cassandra whirled around. Varian was leaning back in a bleacher. She thought she had been alone. "How long have you been there?" she ordered.

Varian held his hands up in defense. "Long enough to know how much you enjoy soccer."

"You got a problem with that, kid?"

Varian shook his head. "No. What I do have a problem is why you aren't on the Coronan Guards' soccer team. You've been pulling off amazing tricks all morning."

"So you've been here for two hours, haven't you," Cassandra accused.

Varian shrugged. "Maybe."

"Ok, why do you keep following me around all week? How many times have you spied on me?"

"Dunno. Haven't been counting. Have you?" Varian fired back coolly. "In my defense I haven't been spying, I've been sitting in plane sight and I've always been in plane sight. You're making me sound like a creep."

Cassandra crossed her arms. "Fine."

"How do you do the drop kicks? I've never figured out how to successfully make one."

"If you wanted me to teach you, you could have just asked."

"Then I would have missed the excellent game you just had. That trick you pulled on number 13 was sensational," Varian teased.

Cassandra rolled her eyes. "Are you gonna have me teach you, or are you just gonna sit there and watch?"

Varian hopped off the bleachers. "I'm game."

"You at least know how to kick the ball, right?" Cassandra asked.

"Pfft. Yeah! Use the side of my foot. Never use hands in soccer either unless you're the goalie."

"That's also only within the goalie line," Cassandra added. "Have you played?"

"Mmm... not for a few years. I used to play, but I quit a couple years ago. Haven't exactly touched a ball since," Varian admitted.

"Why'd you quit? Get hurt or something?" Cassandra said as a joke.

"Well, not in soccer... I quit after the accident that killed my mom."