32.

Sat with his feet dangling into the pool, Oliver smiled in admiration of the people he loved enjoying each other's company. On the blazing July day, they had managed to drag him out to an afternoon of relaxation, away from his party planning— Which had become his forte in recent years.

He took notice of his estranged brother, sunbathing in isolation from the rest of his family. He frowned, lazily dragging his feet out of the water in a slow moving decision to make amends.

Oliver made a detour to the bar, picking up a glass of lemonade for himself, as well as a neat scotch.

Mary took notice of his movements, frantically gesturing to the other to notice as well.

Jason took his forearm up to cover his eyes from the sun when Oliver approached. He gazed up at his younger brother in curiosity.

"Noticed you could use a refill."

He held the glass out to the older boy, curving his lips into a weak smile.

Jason cocked an eyebrow, pushing himself up from the lounge chair to reach the drink. "Thanks, bud."

Oliver scrunched his nose. If there was anything he didn't miss about his older brother, it was that he referred to him, and only him, as bud. He took a heavy breath, staring down at Jason as he took a long, dramatic sip of his drink.

"You know drinking at one in the afternoon isn't necessarily good for you-"

"Hey, man, you gave me the drink," Jason defended himself, "Is this your sorry excuse to come pick a fight?"

Oliver sighed, "No, it's my sorry excuse to come show you that I care about you."

Jason set his drink down on the table beside him before turning his full attention to the apology he was anticipating. "I hear you had a little visitor earlier this week."

Nodding his head, Oliver situated himself at the edge of the chair, gazing back at his brother guiltily. "Directing all my anger at you wasn't healthy for me or our relationship," He said dryly.

Jason couldn't help but roll his eyes, "Oh, man, that means a lot— Let's kiss and make up."

Oliver chirped his lips, growing frustrated, "Look, I'm trying! But I'm not the only one who should be apologizing."

"You literally kicked me out of our mother's house!" Jason retorted, raising his voice and sitting up completely, "You guilted me into moving across the country and turned all of my siblings against me!"

Oliver stood up, and feeling very hot headed yelled right back, "You slept with my girlfriend!"

The fun and laughter from behind him died as the pool's population turned their attention to the commotion— With Elisa standing at the edge of the deck, watching the situation with worry.

Jason sighed, picking his drink back up from the table, "And he finally says it out loud," He almost laughed, taking another sip, "I didn't sleep with your girlfriend, dude."

Oliver's heart beat out of his chest, staring down at him in horror.

"If you pulled your head out of your ass, Oliver, you'd hear from me and everyone else-" He pointed to the other seven people in the yard- "That Kara was no fucking good for you."

His chest felt tight.

"You think I'm an idiot? You think I didn't know that you were coming from school that day?" Jason scoffed, "You think I don't know how to be a homewrecker?"

Oliver frowned, sitting back down at the edge of the seat, only to be pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"I couldn't let you give her that fucking ring, Ol," Jason whispered, patting his back.