*11.

!!tw : the following chapter contains domestically violent and sexual (consensual/non-violent) themes. please proceed at your own risk!!

"God, I hate snow," Oliver scoffed, kicking his feet forward to brush away the snow that flaked onto his shoes.

"You hate snow?" Mary raised her eyebrows, turning her head to look at him, "You grew up in snow."

"Which is exactly why I hate it," He informed her, hugging his arms around himself, "When we're done, I'm getting the hell out of here— I'll go to school in Florida or something. Anywhere that doesn't snow."

She smiled, leaning her head down on his shoulder. "You can come to California with me," She smirked confidently, sure of her choice college.

"Absolutely not," He retorted, shaking his head, "I'd rather freeze in the snow than go to California."

She scoffed hanging her mouth open in surprise, "What do you have against California?"

"Everyone wants to go there," He snickered, "It's cheesy, and I'd rather not make myself the stereotypical artist."

"You'll come visit me though, right?" She asked innocently, tilting her head to peer up at him.

He turned his head to look at her, jokingly wincing, "I don't know, I'll have to think about that one."

"You dick," She laughed, lightly punching his arm, "You think you can get rid of me that easily?"

"I'm really hoping so," He joked, tilting his head back.

She pressed her lips together and lifted her head to look at him, turning her knees to him slightly. "I love you," She blurted out.

"I love you too, Mary," He replied calmly, keeping his gaze up on the deep white sky.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

She stared at him for another moment, watching the minuscule flakes of snow fall onto his cheeks. "I-" She started slowly, looping her arm through his, "I really really like Sam."

Unfazed, he lifted his chin and brought his hands up to brush his cheeks. "Sam? Like my brother?" He teased her.

She furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head at him. "I don't know why there's a difference between the way that I see you and the way that I see him but there is," She mumbled, "I-I really love him, Ol."

He turned his head to look at her. "Okay," He shrugged, causing her to frown.

"Okay?"

He smiled as he nodded, then brought his hands up to blow warm air into them.

"Th-that's it?" She frowned, "You aren't like— Weirded out or anything?"

He laughed, muffled by his hands. "Mary, he may not have told me but my brother has had a crush on you since we met," He told her, squeezing her hand lightly, "And you're not very good at keeping secrets, it's pretty obvious when you're trying to hide something."

She opened her mouth slightly. "Yes, I am!" She defended herself, pulling her hand away.

"Like what?" He scoffed, "Like not telling anyone about Kara's birthday present?"

She clapped her hand over her mouth, staring at him with wide eyes. "I'm sorry," She almost laughed, her voice muffled.

He rolled his eyes, waving her off dismissively. "I know you like Sam, Mary— You aren't as slick as you think."