005

WOKE UP AND CHOSE VIOLENCE

YOU END UP BARELY GETTING ANY SLEEP But you know what, it's fine. It's all good (not really). This is partly because of the paranoia that a spider would come crawling in your mouth while you slept— or maybe it was cold. OR it was the fact that today, you'll finally be meeting Ace Trappola and Deuce Spade. Most likely the latter.

"Heehee... Hey, don't you two have to be up to clean the school today?"

The first thing that you wake up to is the face of a ghost, right in your face. Not the shining sun. You let out a high-pitched scream at this rude awakening, your eyes wide. "Don't do that!"

They all laugh at your surprise, but you can't bring yourself to be mad at them. Your previous outburst, however, causes Grim to roll around in a half-awake state. "Unn... Just five more minutes..."

"Laze about too long and you'll never wake up again," the big ghost snickers, hovering over the bed.

"Just like us!" The skinny one cackles, "Eee heehee!"

"What— What?!" He shoots up out of bed with alarm on his face. You see the blue fire in his ears flare up, and he immediately takes a defensive stance. "You! It's those ghosts again!"

"Oh no, no, no. Hell no. It's too early in the morning for this. If you wanna fight, do it outside or something." You are not in the mood for it today. This could possibly (or most definitely) be the effect of the lack of sleep. Groggily flipping the covers over, you step out of bed and onto the cold floor. The four look at you with confusion evident on their faces.

"Fine! We'll spare you today!" the small one exclaims after recovering from his initial shock.

"If you're both going to be living here, just know that you'll be pranked! Kekeke!" And with that, the three of them disappear to who-knows-where.

Grim shakes an angry fist at their retreating figures. "Shoot! We'll get rid of you eventually, you hear me?!"

Cackling is the only response he gets.

It only dawns on you now that you wore your ceremonial robes to sleep. Oh no. There's no way you could wear it again, just look at yourself. With half a sleeve burnt off (among other things), this outfit couldn't be salvageable right now. Fuck! And you really loved it too... Well, there's nothing you could do about now. With a frown, you take off the robe and place it on the bed. At least the black undershirt and pants were okay, for the most part. Except for that damned burnt sleeve.