006

STAN JACK HOWL FOR CLEAR SKIN

YOU MAKE IT A GAME TO see how many characters you can spot at lunch. You honestly shouldn't be surprised to find out that Twisted Wonderland does not magically switch in between cut scenes, of course. It doesn't bother you in the slightest— in fact, it gives you much needed time to take in everything around you. The characters, the scenery, the entirety of the cafeteria at lunch. People are bustling around with their trays, chattering amongst themselves. And yes, among the many bright heads of hair you do manage to catch a couple distinct colors among them: a deep forest green and a pretty bob of blond hair stand out among the crowd, among other things.

It stings just the slightest to see all of them living their best lives without knowing you exist yet, but you know good things come to those who wait.  

"Human!"

So close, yet so far.

"Are you listening to me?!"

Absolutely unbelievable, you want to scoff. Pretty people. Pretty people, wherever you turned. Goodness, even the background characters are good looking, you know.

"Hey! Minion! If you're not going to eat that, then I will!"

"Huh, what?" Startled, you abruptly jerk your head around to face Grim.

He's hungrily staring down at your half-eaten breakfast burrito. Yes, both your lunches right now happen to be today's breakfast as well. Of course, Crowley did say you're both allowed to eat your lunch in the cafeteria, but it seems he had forgotten to calculate the fact that the two of you are BROKE. 

You blink at him. Once, twice, before it finally loads.

"Oh! Uh— yeah," you look down at your food, not actually feeling that hungry. "Yeah. Go ahead." His eyes light up and he immediately reaches out to snatch the burrito up. You watch him wolf it down happily.

You turn away to face the rest of the room. The cafeteria is packed with people, and yet you see that your half of the table is empty. Well, empty save for you and your comfort cat, of course. Heh, you smile to yourself, comfort cat fits him quite well.

He actually still looks rather pissed over the whole ordeal because he's been frowning ever since school started. You sympathize with him, but try not to let Ace get under your skin too much. He might be a little bit of a bastard right now, but god, the character development is astronomical. Honestly, all you want is to get out of this bad phase with him and start leaning in the direction of being friends.