000

WISHFUL THINKING

AT LEAST WHEN IT ALL GOES TO SHIT, your comfort characters will never judge you.

When things are the lowest of the low, at least your body pillow won't grimace as you sob into it. They don't judge.

True pain, true pain is spending hours upon hours crying until your chest aches and your throat is raw— all because a 2D character doesn't exist. Yes, that has also happened before.

Twisted Wonderland, every aspect of it, was amazing. The gameplay, the plot, the characters. And oh god, the characters. 

Could anyone blame you though? Anybody would be if they saw the cast of Night Raven College. Seriously, they were gods among men, and you would gladly fight a bitch on this one.

You can't even begin to explain the amount of shit you would hand over just to meet Riddle Rosehearts. Or Azul Ashengrotto. Or Jamil Viper. Literally any of the Twisted Wonderland boys, in any of the dorms, would be fine. And then you could finally die happy.

You had so much you wanted to tell them. Too much. How happy and warm they made you feel, how you're sorry how they were emotionally damaged all their lives, and when they were happy you were happy. If you could just, if you could just close the gap between worlds—

When you played Twisted Wonderland, it was like some part of you was complete, as cheesy as it was. You laughed with them, cried with them. Their accomplishments, their happiness, they were yours as well. And god, they gave you something that real life couldn't provide. Video game characters did have that effect on people.

Was it possible to miss someone you've never met?

Here you were. And there they were, living their best lives, not a care in the world. Not knowing you existed.

Oh god, you would hand over everything you had just to meet them once. Just once, and that would be enough. But this is just wishful thinking.

The only way you could possibly ever get to them would be shifting realities. But even then you would wake up in the morning.

Yeah, you weren't stupid. Wishful thinking was what this was. Only wishful thinking.

literally wrote this one based off my experiences and feelings

i'm not sorry :))