Smile for Me- Chapter 7

Oct 15 201x

Dear Diary,

Dylan and I haven't talked since Charles's birthday party and it's been six days since then. My plan was going so well, we could stay like that until the whole school year ends. Even when we walk to and from school, during club meetings, during lunchtime, I tried not to talk to him. There are times that when he asks something to start a conversation between us, I'd give him short simple replies which are VERY hard to reply to that even Krissy won't be able to make a conversation out of it.

One time; during lunchtime, Kelvin approached us.

"Hey guys!" Kelvin peaked over my right shoulder.

"Hi. How's it going?" I asked.

"Good~" he answered.

"Good." I smiled followed by a few seconds of silence.

"Umm... Is it okay if I join you guys from now on?"

"Actually--" Dylan tried to answer but before he could say more, I spoke up.

"Actually we'd love to have you." I smiled and Dylan looked at me but I brushed his stare off. "You girls are okay with having him right?"

"The more the merrier." Krissy raised her tumbler.

"True. Take a seat." Erica offered him a seat.

"Oh... You can seat beside me." I interrupted him as he was about to pull the seat from the table adjacent from our table.

As he took his seat beside me, Charles took the chance to speak in front of the class.

"Hey guys. May I have your attention for a second?" Everyone stopped whatever they were doing and directed their attention to Charles. "Since everyone's here, Sara and I thought about bringing it up now. I know everyone's excited about the school festival but we have to decide what booth or stand to have too. I drew the café but would you prefer having a horror booth? Because Mr. Wong's class is interested with what I drew. So if you want horror booth I can just trade with them."

"It's fun to run a horror booth and there's a lot of profit in it, but won't you guys rather enjoy entering a horror booth than being the horror booth?" Mrs. Takanashi suggested as she entered our room.

"Sensei is right. Let's just stick with café." Frances motioned.

"Yeah! That should be fun!" Alex seconds the motion.

I asked myself: how is running a café, fun?

"You guys are aware that we won't get freebies right? If you want to have some of our merchandise, you have to pay for it." Sara interrupted as they all cheered for having the café.

Suddenly the class stopped. Some booed, some just frowned. They wanted the café even if we can't take items for free. Cause if they only wanted the café for freebies, they wold have said "Horror booth it is, then!" or something like that. I also knew that it's me who they are going to assign for baking, so I decided to cheer them up.

"Cup cakes or whole cakes and we'll just split them between us?"

"Pardon?" Charles asked.

"I see that they want to do the café even without the freebies so I'll be willing to bake something just for the class."

The class shouted in joy but all I could do is smile for them.

"Class, we have to at least pay for the ingredients." Mrs. Takanashi said.

"As long as we get to taste Angel's cakes, we'd pay even with our lives Ma'am!" Kelvin shouted while raising his hand in the air.

"I wouldn't do that. I won't be able to taste 'em if I did." Dylan contradicts Kelvin.