Smile for Me- Chapter 9

Feb. 28, 201x

Dear Diary,

"Love is in the air." That phrase has been driving me nuts since this month has started. On the radio, on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr, hearts hanging around almost every store, roses in display at flower shops, heart shaped chocolates on chocolate stores' windows and of course, a booming amount of ingredients used to making home-made chocolate on grocery stores which earned their own aisle together with imported chocolates.  

I never minded Valentine's, to me it's just an occasion we celebrate annually, and I never thought I'd hate it so much that every time I see the color red or see hearts, my back gets annoyingly itchy. I guess this is the effect of being loveless or dateless when I thought I can finally find my first and true love. But that irritation didn't last for long. Cause you see, a few days before Valentine's: 

Krissy sighed so loud she caught everyone's attention. 

"What's wrong Krissy?" Kelvin asked her. 

"Oh don't mind her, she's just sad cause she's loveless this Valentine's." Erica answered as she tried to make Krissy feel better by patting her back. 

"It's Angel's fault." I looked at her with an indifferent look on my face as I asked her with a shaky high-pitched voice. 

"Wha-what did I do?" 

"You didn't let me do my toast." she pursed her lips and lowered her head enough for her chin to touch the table. 

Demi laughed. "You can't blame Angel for that. That's just not what you usually toast for. I guess we should've went to a shrine on the way home that day." 

"But still, Angel could have added that to her toast. Just cause "their" happy doesn't mean she can't toast for us too." 

"Oi, oi! Enough with that childishness Krissy." Erica finally snapped... and yes, that's how calm she is. "Sorry Angel. You just have to get used to her with being like this, it's very usual." 

"It's ok. It's my fault." I turned to Krissy. "I'm sorry Krissy." 

"We'll it's ok. As long as you give us some of your chocolates for Dylan." 

"Aha..." I scratched my cheek. "I won't be making chocolates. But I guess I could make chocolates for the gang?" 

"Wait what's wrong?" Demi asked. "Dylan! What did you do?!" Demi looked at him and he got petrified in an instant while the news caught Kelvin's attention who has been spacing out while looking at Dylan 

"I-I didn't do anything!" Demi glared at him as if he was squeezing him with her stare. 

"Uh... It was me who broke up with him." When she heard what I said, she glumly rested her back on her seat as if disappointed. They all knew they couldn't do anything about it cause clearly, Dylan is the only one who could talk to me like how Demi talked to him. 

"So what happened?" Kelvin asked in a sad tone trying to hide his excitement. "Since when?" he added. 

"Since the first day of the school festival?" I looked at Dylan trying to ask for his confirmation. "I just realized that we can't be more than best friends. We just don't feel the way we used to feel for each other anymore."  

"So... When you tried to protest during New Year..." Erica skeptically asked. 

"Yes."  

"But we didn't listen." Demi continued. 

A short moment of silence until somebody from the room, cursed. 

"Darn it! Now we don't have a representative for the Valentine event."