Smile for Me- Chapter 2

May 13, 201x

Dear Diary,

The both of us have joined the Wind Club. After club meetings we always go to the rooftop before going home and because of that, we always get the chance to watch our softball team. One time I saw Kelvin, the guy in front of Dylan’s seat, so I asked him if it was him.

“Hey Dylan, isn’t that Kelvin Nguyen over there?”

“Yeah, we used to play softball together.”

“Wow! Really? But why did you pick Wind Club and not Softball?”

“Nothing, but we used to be friends. After a few years he just changed. He’s still kind and such but when we won the championship before, fame got the best of him since it was him who brought us to victory.”

“I see, but he’s not bragging about it, is he?”

“No. Why’d you ask if that was him by the way? Do you like him?”

“I just noticed.”

“You like him!” He laughed.

“Darn it! Why am I feeling nervous?” I asked myself.

“Angel you’re blushing.” He kept on laughing at me.

“Stop it Dylan! My heart is throbbing!”

I grabbed his hand and put it over my thumping heart. Again, I felt that fuzzy feeling just like when I looked at him and our faces were so close. It was like time stopped and that moment where you will feel like staring into each other’s eyes.

“Ok ok, I’ll stop teasing you.” He smiled and I let go of his hand.

Despite getting annoyed because he was making fun of me. It made me happy when I saw him laugh.

One time, we decided to eat our lunch at our class room. I borrowed Kelvin’s chair so Dylan and I could just share the same table. When I sat down, I saw Dylan grinning and I just shook my head.

Before we got to open our lunch boxes:

“Hey guys can we join you.” Demi asked.

“Sure, Dylan doesn’t mind either.” I looked at him and grinned too.

“Hey, I can speak up for myself. I don’t mind girls.”

“You can just grab my desk and borrow some chairs.” I said.

When they settled down;

“We’re going bowling on Saturday, you guys wanna come?” Krissy asked us.

“I’ll pass.” I told them.

“Why? It’d be fun!” Erica insisted.

“I never bowled before.” I told them the truth.

“I’ll teach you if that’s what you’re concerned about.” Dylan butted in.

“Oh wow! You’re lucky! Dylan is an excellent bowler.” Demi exclaimed.

“Ahaha! Not really.” And he scratched the back of his head from that compliment.

“So, on Saturday then! We’ll be at Striker’s Alley by 10 am.”Demi told us.

“I’ll pick you up on the corner on Saturday by 9:45” Dylan whispered to me and I just nodded.

Saturday morning, I went to the corner by 9:40 and 5 minutes later Dylan came to pick me up. As soon as I saw him I handed him a paper.

“Here, you might wanna read this before we go.”

“What is this?” he started reading the header. “45 Things a Girl want, but won’t ask for.”