Smile for Me- Chapter 8

Jan 1 201x

Dear diary,

It's been a long time since I've written on you and that's not because I forgot about you... don't feel bad ok? It's just that there's nothing much happening to me lately. Just the usual stuff.

The only thing worth writing about is our New Year celebration just hours ago.

I have been on my own for three months because my dad is in France managing his new business, but then I was surprised when someone knocked on my door.

"Hey!" Kelvin was the guest.

"He-hey. Wassup?"

"You're dad's not here right?"

"Umm, yeah."

"May I come in? I would like to be your company for tonight."

"Oh. Sorry, please do."

"No harm done." He went straight to the dining room and placed something on the table.

"What about your parents?"

"They went on a cruise after Christmas. I wanted to drop by that day but they didn't let me."

"I see."

"Isn't Dylan dropping by?"

"Iー" someone knocked on my door as I was about to tell him that I wasn't expecting company.

As I opened the door there was a guy holding bottles of sparkling apple cider with red ribbons tied unto it.

"I thought you might be lonely so I wanted to pay you a visit."

"Who is it Angel?" Kelvin asked.

"It'sー"

"Is that Kelvin?"

"Iー"

"I see. I guess you don't need me anymore. I should get going. Happy New Year Gel." He handed the bottle over to me.

When he opened the door there were three girls standing outside our house.

"Woah! Psychic!" Krissy joked.

"Ojamashimasu!" Erica and Demi said. [a/n: Ojamashimasu means, "Sorry for disturbing."]

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked.

"We wanted to celebrate the New Year with the whole gang!" Krissy pushed her way through.

"Whole gang?" Dylan asked.

"Oh please. We knew you guys were going to rush to Angel's place so we thought we should keep Kelvin away from you as you guys get all lovey-dovey for New Year" Said Krissy as she brought beer and lemonade in the house.

"We alreadyー"

"Don't tell me you guys already had your first himehajime already?! It's not even 11 yet!" Krissy stopped on her tracks to the kitchen. [a/n: trust me, you wouldn't want to know the meaning of that word xD]

"What?! NO!" I shouted.

"Well, then there's more reason for us to stay with you guys." Demi tapped my shoulder.

"Butー" I sighed. "Alright, I give up."

I went to the living room and laid on the couch.

"Hey Angel can I use your oven?" Kelvin asked.

"Help yourselves guys. I didn't cook anything so if you want something to eat, wake me up or better yet just get the phone." I placed my forearm on top of my closed eyes as I tried to get some sleep when I noticed that it got so quiet.