Smile for Me- Chapter 1

April 15, 201x

Dear Diary,

It was break time when I first talked to Dylan; the guy sitting beside me. He has brown hair, fine lips and beautiful eyes. But despite being attracted to him, let me say this. I have no intention of falling in love. So I went up to him and talked to him.

“Hi”

“Sup?” he replied.

“Umm. I have to talk to you in private. Can we go somewhere else?” I told him.

“Ok. Follow me” he said.

Then we went to the roof top.

“So what’s the problem?”

“I need help, it’s about the rumor about me and Jane” I answered.

“Don’t tell me you haven’t got over with it yet.” he asked

“Of course not, how can I get over it if I feel guilty about it! Besides those girls view about me won’t change if I don’t do this.”

“Wait, girls? And what did you say your favor was?” he asked.

“Demi, Krissy and Erica, and I was about to ask you if…” I seriously find it hard to say.

“Just say it. I’m prepared.” He said to give me courage as well.

“If you could pretend to be my boyfriend. Please! Just for a month or so.” I begged him.

“That’s a huge favor to ask, but ok.”

“Thank you Dylan!”

“But now I’m curious, why did they spill the rumor?”

“I don’t know either but all I know is that I saw them while I was talking to Jane.”

“I see. So when they saw you and Jane talking alone and seeing that you two get along they jumped to the conclusion that you like her?”

“Yes.” I frowned.

It was a short moment of silence and he asked me,

“Of all guys in our class, why am I the one you chose to ask?”

“Well…umm...I really don’t know.” He laughed.

“Well you see, I’m a misandrist, well actually I just don’t like jerks. For some reasons I knew that I’d be comfortable more with you in this plan since you looked nice to me.” I smiled.

“Oh really? Anyways I might as well take this opportunity and make someone want me as a boyfriend. Is that ok?”

“Umm yeah, sure. But if you don’t mind. You’re going to make WHO to like you?” I asked.

“I’ll tell you some other time but we’ll be late for our next class.”

“Ok.”

“By the way, we might as well do a lot of things like go home together and stuff.”

“Is that ok with you?”

“Yeah, I’ve got nothing better to do and that’s what great boyfriends do for their girlfriend right?”

“I guess so. After classes then!”

Before passing the hallway full of students he offered me his hand to hold. I had that fuzzy feeling when I held his hand and the whole time we were walking. When we entered the classroom, he didn’t let go of my hand until I was about to sit. Before I sat down I saw my friends looking at me. Not disgusted but instead they smiled at me so I smiled back at them.