Smile for Me- Chapter 6

September 27, 201x

Dear Diary,

Summer's finally over and it's the start of the new term already, and as the teachers promised, we received our papers from the previous examination and heard a good news.

"I am very happy to tell you, your class got the highest mark for the class project. You really did a good job. Give yourselves a round of applause." We all applaud and smiled as we got so proud of ourselves.

After class we all talked about our exams.

"Hey, how did you guys go?" Krissy asked while they were approaching Dylan and I.

"I did pretty well." I placed my paper on the table.

"Mm. Same here." Dylan showed us his paper.

"How about you Krissy?" I asked.

"Well, it's not like I'm bragging, but...I am. Hohoho!" she held her paper in front of her while proudly popping her chest out.

"As expected of the daughter of an English teacher I guess." Said Dylan.

"Yeah, and not to mention that her father is Mr. Gonzales; he's so good at English that I'm starting to think he's English or American." I folded my paper and placed it in my bag.

"Hey, it's because I worked hard you know. I should get more credit once in a while." Krissy sullenly sat on my table.

"Speaking of credits, we should really thank Romeo and Juliet for the play." Erica tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah, you guys were great! To me, it wasn't like a play, it was realistic. I can feel your feelings get through." Demi approached us as well.

"Hey, umm. Great job you guys, specially you Angel. You did a great job as Juliet." Kelvin turned around and congratulated us while bashfully scratching the corner of his eye.

"Th-thanks." I covered my mouth with the back of my hand as I blushed, luckily Dylan didn't tease me on the spot... nor did he have any comments. It made me sad.

"Bu-but, if it's credits, everything should go to Demi. She made it look realistic after all." Or it may be my feelings that were getting through instead of my acting.

Even before we can start an argument about our project, the bell that marks the start of our last subject rang and buzzed around the school buildings. Demi and the others got to their seat as Mr. Hoshino enters our room but the more I wait for Mr. Hoshino to distribute our papers, the more I feel agitated.

"Angel, you'll be fine, you did pretty good on our tutorial." Dylan whispered.

"M-mm." it's things like this that makes me fall in love with him more.

The moment I received my paper, I took a deep breath before I looked at it.

...

"So, how was it?" Dylan asked after our Math class.

"I..."

"I?"

"I did it Dylan! I did it! Thank you so much."

I was so happy that I didn't realize that I stood up from my seat and hugged him.

"Ah!" I let go of him and backed away. "A-as a token of my gratitude, I'll make you a cake."

"Really? Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!"

A smile lit up his face and I felt my face up to the tip of my ears heat up.

The next day during lunch time, we went to the rooftop together since I forgot to make some for the girls.

"I wonder what you made for me."