Cold Feet

Next day after a brief interview with Aldertree Jade walked with Alec through the OPS center, "How'd it go with Aldertree?"

"He said some things about punishment, I might have muted the rest of what he said. Couldn't care less to be honest."

Alec sighed stopping in his tracks turning to the brunette, "All for trying to save my life. Jace may have been the one who pulled me out, but I did feel you there. And it did make a difference. So... thank you."

"I should be the one thanking for not dying on me, that would've sucked." She said as a smile creeped on both of their faces.

"Look, um, I know that with everything that's been going on, I... We haven't had a chance to..." Alec stammered when the brunette cut him off approaching the shadowhunter with a suggestive smirk, "Go on that first date you kind of owe me?"

"Right, yes." Alec agreed with an embarrassed smile, Jade clicked her tongue taking a few steps towards Alec closing the distance between them, "It's a good thing it's lunch time. You hungry?"

"Starving." He answered as they both grinned ready to walk out of the institute when someone called out for Alec, "Hey, Alec."

The shadowhunter turned around to find none other than Raj, "Demon briefing in the ops center. All hands on deck." He informed Alec about to leave when Jade turned to him with an amused smile, "Oh, Raj. I don't see any broken bones lucky you."

He scowled before walking away, "I guess no date then" Jade concluded with a sigh turning to Alec who nodded apologetically, "Yeah. Is that okay?"

"Totally fine." She answered standing on her tiptoes giving the shadowhunter a peck on the lips before wandering off, Alec stood still for a moment putting his finger on his lips before turning around with a smile on his face.

Jade sat on her arm chair with a glass full of blood in her hand sipping it slowly while relaxing, she closed her eyes for a moment before the doorbell rang, "It's open." The vampire yelled

When no one walked into the apartment she sighed in vexation opening her eyes walking to the door, "I said it's open." She said with annoyance before a battered Raphael with burns all over his face fell on the doorstep.

Jade lost her attitude helping the poor vampire stand up, "Raphael" She calles out the vampire's name softly helping him to the couch.

"I didn't know where else to go." He admitted barely even holding himself straight, Jade dropped him on the couch, "It's okay. I'm gonna take care of you." She comforted the battered vampire walking to her kitchen to get some herbs.

Jade had made some sort of a drink with the herbs she crushed together, walking over to Raphael she put the cup in front of his lips, "This is going to make you feel better." She assured him helping the vampire to a sip.