Congratulations, Alec

Jade passed her fingers through her hair adjusting it before nodding at Magnus who was standing beside her ready to steal Alec's stele when the brunette would be distracting him

Alec was changing his bandages on his forsaken wound when Jade barged into the room, "Jade"

She paused for a second when she realized the guy was half naked in front of her, clearing her throat, a smile plastered on her face, "I hope you don't mind, the door was ajar"

He frowned shaking his head, "What are you doing here?"

She smirked, "It's Magnus, he said that maybe you needed my help with the wound" the lie rolled off of her tongue easily without a hitch

"It's okay. I'm fine" Alec dismissed her making the brunette raise her eyebrows at him as he couldn't wrap the bandage with one hand

"You know having a healing rune doesn't exactly make you a doctor, you're wrapping it all wrong" She stated throwing a quick glance at the stele that just disappeared from Alec's jacket.

"Says the girl who lived all her life with supernatural healing" Alec bited sarcastically still trying to wrap the bandage around his arm.

Jade snickered approaching Alec, "Touche. But at least I worked as a nurse"

Alec eyes widened turning to the brunette with shock, "You did?" He inquired as the vampire didn't look like the type who helps people on the regular.

"I was feeling sentimental" She brushed him off now standing in front of him, "Now do you mind?" she ushered with her head to the bandage.

Alec pulled away quickly, "Yes, I do actually. I told you I'm good" He half yelled, the vampire threw a glance at the stele that just appeared back on Alec's jacket.

"Wow, no need to get aggressive" She took a few steps back raising her hands in surrender, "I know when I'm not needed" She said before walking out of the door and into the hallway.

"Jade, wait!" She heard Alec call out after he so she slowed her pace turning to the Shadowhunter, "What?"

He took a deep breath, "I meant to thank you for your advice. The whole "follow your heart" thing."

She raised her eyebrows in recognition smirking, "Well I told you I'm never wrong about these things"

"I'm getting married." Alec blurted out watching the vampire who quickly covered her shock with her usual smirk "Oh, easy tiger. Take me out for a drink first"

Alec shook his head, "No, Jade, family is everything to me. You have to know that."

"I see, you're a traditional guy, Alec. I get it" She said with a shrug dismissing him.

He nodded getting more confident, "Yeah, I am. That's why I proposed to Lydia."

She hummed thoughtfully, "Interesting" Jade remarked getting bored with the conversation already wishing for it to end.