A Sight For Sore Eyes

Jade was sitting on her couch in the living room with a glass of blood in her hands reading one of the magazines in boredom when a knock on the door startled her

She threw the magazine on the couch before walking to the door opening it, "Raphael" She acknowledged the vampire with a smirk before noticing that he was holding a body in his hands, "What the hell?" She asked with raised eyebrows as Raphael moved past her inside the apartment.

"Did you seriously kill a mundane?" She wondered walking after the vampire who put the body on the couch removing the cloth from the body's face.

Jade stopped in her tracks wide-eyed, "You've got to be kidding me. Is that...?"

"Simon Lewis. Clary Fairchild's friend" Raphael answered briefly as he stared at the brunette, "You killed him?" She inquired with furrowed eyebrows.

Raphael shook his head, "It was Camille" He announced to the brunette who sighed approaching Simon's body, "I warned him"

"I did too, but we both know how the blood affects them" Raphael said before looking at the brunette with determination, "You need to come back, Camille is breaking the accords and it's only a matter of time before she sinks the whole ship"

Jade sighed walking over to the table of her beloved bourbon filling a glass, "It's not as easy as it sounds, Raph" She said taking a sip.

"The legend says that a great leader would come, a vampire that can walk in..." Jade cut Raphael of, "Oh spare me, the stupid legend" She stopped him with vexation.

Raphael scoffed, "This is not about you, Jade. If the vampires go to war with the clave, there will be only one way it'll go, we need you"

Jade sighed sitting on the chair crossing her legs, "And the other vampires, do they share your thought?"

"Vampires look up to you, they respect you because you are fair, fierce and wise, the opposite of everything Camille is, you're exactly what we need right now especially with Valentine back" Raphael stated with confidence hoping to convince the brunette to lead the vampires.

She pursed her lips standing up, rolling her eyes she gave him her decision, "Fine. You win"

"What are we gonna do with him?" Raphael wondered looking a Jade who sighed beforr turning to him, "You go make sure that the vampires are on our side and I'll take care of Simon" Raphael nodded before leaving the apartment.

Jade carried Simon to the institute, Clary would be the only one who had to make a decision whether to bring Simon back or not at least he gets to have the courtesy she never did.

"Don't move." Jace yelled with his blade clutched in his hand at the brunette who was now in front of the institute, "Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec shouted too which made Jade roll her eyes.