A Hell Of A Wedding Gift

"I hope you make it quick, I have other things to attend to

"I hope you make it quick, I have other things to attend to. I mean I'm sure you're busy too bickering over the guest list for your wedding" She said amused as she walked to her favorite table of bourbon opening the bottle and pouring herself a glass.

Alec trailed after her putting his hands behind his back, "I need to ask you something." He started as the brunette's back was to him, she rolled her eyes turning to him with a sarcastic smile, "Shocker."

Alec watched her as she took a sip of her glass, "There's not much for us to talk about." She continued watching the shadowhunter with a narrowed gaze.

He shook his head approaching her, "It's not about me, or any of that. This is about my sister."

She smiled, her eyes gleaming, "Would it be the fact that your cute little fiancée has Izzy on trial for treason? Must be a hell of a wedding gift" She took a sip nodding her head continuing, "I've been keeping tabs on you, Did I do good?" She asked with a grin.

Alec raised his eyebrows, "Seriously!" He exclaimed watching the brunette who settled on the armchair with her legs crossed, she looked at Alec, "You're no fun. What do you want, Alec?"

"My sister wants you to be her defense attorney. I said I would ask. But I'm sorry to bother you. I know a Downworlder can't defend a Shadowhunter in court and above that I know you don't like shadowhunters" He explained his request while watching the brunette who was nodding her head.

"You're right I don't but even I can make an exception especially when it comes to you" She said the last sentence with a smirk as Alec rolled his eyes she continued.

"The Clave was prejudiced back in what they call the Time of Angels that they didn't dream of a Shadowhunter asking a Downworlder for help. Now you can't even function without us." She smirked taking a sip of her drink, "I'm willing to help for the right price"

"Name it." Alec answered immediately with hopeful eyes, the brunette grinned setting her glass on the table before standing up and approaching Alec, "You. In fact, it's free of charge"

Alec rolled his eyes, shaking his head, "Anything else?"

She narrowed her gaze humming in thought, "Nothing that you have is interesting to me, at least for now"

He frowned, "What is that supposed to mean?"

She sighed taking a step back, "I'll keep it on tap, you'll owe me one"

Alec rolled his eyes but nodded none the less, "Fine."

Jade grinned taking a few steps closer to Alec, "Do you wanna kiss on it? Seal the deal?" She offered smiling seductively at the shadowhunter.

Alec looked up rolling his eyes, "Goodbye, Jade" He said turning around and walking away from the brunette, "Your loss" she muttered checking Alec out.