He's Haunting Me

"Seriously! After all this time?" Jade huffed shaking her head im disbelief at Ragnor who just made her appear along with Jace

Ragnor smiled turning to the brunette, "Don't mind me, Jade. She offered me anything. You were only up to a timeshare of your flat in Paris. Yawn."

She scoffed at him crossing her arms in front of her chest, "You greedy bastard, do you know how much this flat cost me?"

"I know you never paid a dime in your life" He remarked as the vampire gave a little shrug, "I don't see the problem"

"All right, enough. Can you really wake my mother?" Clary inquired breaking the warlock's and the vampire's conversation up

"Not without the Book of the White."

"What is the Book of the White?" Jace wondered with a frown as Ragnor answered him, "It's an ancient book of warlock magic containing spells more powerful than most warlocks could ever imagine.

He paused before continuing, "I possessed the book when your mother came to me, and I used its contents to create the potion. Regrettably, I no longer have the book. I asked Jocelyn to hide it that Valentine might never find it."

"Ragnor, please, I have to get my mom back. Is there any way to get the Book of the White?" Clary questioned with desperation looking at Ragnor like he's her only hope.

"Possibly. I may have something that can help us. Won't be but a moment." He excused himself before leaving the room in a hurry.

"What do we do if he can't find the book?" Clary wondered looking from Jace to Jade.

"We'll cross that bridge when we come to it." Jace answered dismissing her quickly.

Jade looked at her nails in boredom waiting for the warlock to come back so that she can go back to her apartment in peace.

Before anyone could comprehend what was happening, Ragnor screamed falling from the balcony overlooking the living room after being attacked by a demon

"Ragnor!" Jade called out vamp speeding to the warlock who laid on the floor with a big wound in his neck

"Creature took me... by surprise." He breathed out in pain as the brunette bit into her wrist putting it to Ragnor's mouth.

"You're not dying on me, old man" She remarked but Ragnor pushed her wrist away, "You're older than me" He said before closing his eyes.

Jade clenched her jaw holding her friend's limb hands for a few moment, "Jade, I'm so sorry." Clary apologized watching the brunette.

She heard both the shadowhunters arguing about whether they should leave or not, the vampire stood up, "Ragnor has a standing portal, you two should go, get back to the Institute. I'll transport everything back to Magnus."