The Trophies

The Trophies

I woke up to the sun glowing through the Gryffindor windows, a thin sheen of sweat covering my body and my heart pounding. Tears welled at my eyes as I realised I had only dreamed of the kiss. I could still feel the warmth of her lips against mine and tears fell silently down my face as I slowly woke completely.

To my left, Ginny was still asleep, her breath soft and floating. It was early still, and I felt very lucky that Gryffindors liked to sleep in on weekends as I tiptoed to the portrait hole, trying to calm myself.

The Fat Lady grunted as I disrupted her sleep, but I continued on until I made it to the 3rd floor corridor, where the Fat Friar and Sir Nicolas were floating about, laughing and congratulating each other for their handy work.

I wiped at my eyes as I approached, my shoes swinging from my hands as my stockinged feet crossed the stone.

"It worked then?" I asked.

The Friar was laughing as he looked into the updated Trophy room.

"I'm very glad you requested our help for this, Miss. Porter. I do love seeing Filch raving mad." Nick chuckled.

"Of course! Who else would we ask?" I feigned shock, as I marveled at the success of The Plan. Fred and George would be proud.

I stepped into the room, admiring the new additions to the Trophy Room. They had all been transfigured, by myself and Ginny of course, to read much different "achievements" than they had originally.

For example...

The tall gold one in the corner no longer awarded a top student, but instead read;

Olivia Hopkins- Most Stuck Up Gryffindor 1992-1999

To the left, a shorter silver one that was originally a services to the school, was now praising;

Draco Malfoy- Most Closeted Slytherin est. 1991

As I wandered along I admired how smart Fred and George were for creating this transfiguration spell. Ginny and I were able to turn the entire room in one large (and rather loud) charm. It was similar to Harry's map, giving out random insults to whoever tried to open it.

Speaking of Ginny, I approached a large plaque on the wall that read;

Ginny Weasley- Most Beautiful Amazing Wonderful Hogwarts Student Ever est. 1992

I continued to read as I passed the shelves and soon came to the ones I'd been searching for.

Edwardimum Black- Most Sickly Sweet Hufflepuff est. 1992

Lucy Silas- Coolest Fucking Name est. 1981 (who comes up with that?? I mean- "Light of the Forest"? That's some wannabe author type shit.)

The words on Lucy's trophy were particularly cramped so as to fit onto one plaque.

The rest of the Trophies stood magnificently, one or the other giving back handed compliments and such. I particularly enjoyed Atlas and Maeve Sheer's. They were placed onto one large trophy that read-

Hottest Siblings est. 1992

As I moved through the room, The Friar and St. Nick followed behind, laughing maniacally as they came across their own Trophies. Of course, not every student in the school was given one. We limited it to my year and the year above, particularly the people Ginny and I knew personally.

"Nick! Look at this one!" The Friar excitedly pointed out. "Ivory Warner- Miss Steal Your Man est. 1998"

"What does that even mean?" Nick responded.