Bulla Aurea Puerorum

The first week of Christmas break flew by. The Weasley's had met us at King's Cross where we took a ministry car (extended to fit everything inside) back to the Burrow. Ron, Ginny and I had all been smushed into the back together, talking and complaining about school and how excited we were to be off for break.

Ron was looking forward to when Harry and Hermione's families would come for dinner on Christmas Day, as Ginny awkwardly looked out the window at the mention of Harry.

Ginny and I's relationship had quickly fallen back to normal. Ginny was not an awkward person, and soon we were as close as ever.

It was now, the morning of Christmas Eve, that I felt the excitement of the Holidays and being with this wonderful family and the girl I loved. As I lay in bed, I wiggled my toes happily from the warmth of the quilt and the cool light the flooded in from the window. A thick blanket of fresh snow had fallen during the night, covering up the melted dirty slush that had been there before. I could see the frost flowers blossom over the window pane, just beyond a thick array of snow flakes bucketing down. I couldn't imagine a more perfect setting.

I looked over to Ginny's bed, where she sat up in her matching, maroon silk pyjama set, reading. Her hair fell over her shoulders in waves from the braids she wore overnight, and I noticed the familiar golden locket sitting against her fair skin.

As I looked at her, my head still resting on the fluffy pillow, she tucked her hair behind her ear. I could now see her complete profile and my heart stuttered at how beautiful she was.

"Ginny! Ophelia! Mum's got breakfast ready!" I heard Fred's voice echoing up the stairs. Ginny looked over to the door and I quickly shut my eyes so she wouldn't notice I was staring.

"'Phelia?" She asked softly.

I pretended to wake up, rubbing my eyes and blinking in the white light.

"Mm?" I mumbled in answer.

"Breakfast." She said, as she pulled herself out from under her covers.

Merlin, was she ever beautiful. I loved the way her hair looked when it was wavy, one side tucked behind her ear so that it showed off the many piercings she had on her ears.

"Er- hi?" She laughed as I stared.

"Breakfast!" I said as I jumped up out of bed. I wore a simple mauve jumper I'd stolen from Ginny, and my usual sweat pants.

"Right." She sniggered as I pretended not to hear her, skipping out of her room and down towards the kitchen.

I arrived to see mountains off steaming food on the oak table. Everyone wore their cozy pyjamas, the radio crackling out light Christmas music from the fireside. I recognized the lyrics to Christina Warbeck's "A cauldron full of hot, strong, love."

Ginny walked into the kitchen just after I did, her eyes lighting up like I loved as she took in the mounds of Molly's famous hot breakfasts'. The Weasley's orange cat wove around Fred's legs as he sat devouring a plate of sausages and bacon.

"Tea, dears?" Mrs. Weasley asked me from the kitchen.

"Yes, please, Mrs. Weasley. " I nodded, spooning some steak and eggs onto my plate.

"We're planning a snowball fight after breakfast, you in?" George mumbled through a full mouth, pointing a piece of bacon at us accusingly.

"Don't you point your bacon at me." Ginny said, snatching it from him and biting into it.

With a laugh, I agreed to the fight while pouring a glass of pumpkin juice.

After Ron came down half asleep, had eaten his share of sausages and downed two mugs of tea, we all rushed up the stairs to change into our warmer clothes, the excitement of the fight catching up.