Quidditch

Quidditch

"Ophelia." I woke to my name being whispered from somewhere beside me. I rolled over, and remembered I was in Eddie's bed.

"Eddie?" My voice was thick with sleep.

"I'm here." The voice came from the floor, and I squinted through the dark to see Eddie sitting up on the floor, a pile of blankets and cushions underneath him. I sat up quickly, clearing my throat.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep here...and that I took over your bed," I whispered.

"It's fine. It's just that, people will be getting up soon and you might not want to stay here 'till morning and have Henry and Frank see you in my bed." 

"Oh. Right. I'll uh," I cleared my throat. "I'll go back to my dorm." 

He nodded into the dark, and I, as silently as I could, slipped from his bed onto the cold floor.

The door creaked open and shut, and I grit my teeth as a tried to be as quite as possible. Thin light filtered in through the high window at the very end of the dorm corridor, quite a ways back. I didn't really want to go back to my dorm, so I instead slowly made my way towards the round window. It had been bewitched to show more than it actually did, and I had a clear view of the grounds and forest. The warm light felt nice against my cool skin, and I shivered lightly from the change of temperature. In the distance, the Quidditch pitch stood tall, the flags waving in the distance. You couldn't see the pitch from anywhere else in the common room except this window, with the many plants lining the sill, and I could see figures flying about high in the air. I remembered then, that today, the 30th of November, was the infamous Quidditch match against Gryffindor. The entire house had been talking about it for weeks, determined to win. Gryffindor was probably the only team that ever managed to score on Eddie, and he took it quite personally. 

I was excited to see Ginny play. I loved the determined look that took over her face when she played. The Gryffindor team was certainly star studded, every player being immensely talented at their positions. I even had to hand it to Ivory, for as little as I liked her right now, she was certainly a talented Beater. One of the best Hogwarts has seen, except for Fred and George, and, in the sixties, Frank Longbottom. Whenever the Longbottom's, Black's, Potter's and Weasley's got together (plus me and Hermione) Mr. Potter, Mr. Black and Sirius would go on such tangents about Neville's father. The 4 of them together were quite a scene, with Remus looking on adoringly at his friends. 

As I looked out the window with these thoughts and memories flying about my head, in tune with the players on the pitch, the honey light soon became gray washed. Dark gray clouds danced in front of the sun, threatening rain, an unmistakeable wispy look to them. 

Movement sounded from the first year girls dorm beside me, and I tip-toed back to my dorm before I was caught out of bed. 

I had barely climbed under the covers and rolled onto my side when Lucy began to stir, and Lorraine quickly snuck back over to her own four-poster. I found it funny that she still tried to hide the fact that she slept in Anna's bed every night, when Lucy and I had known about their relationship for over a month now.

Along with the murmurs of waking students, a small tapping began to sound on the high windows, rain drops clinging to the glass as the wind whipped up. My mind was wandering back and forth all over the place this morning, as the wind whistled outsid, a tendency that usually caused me grief in class.

I was glad that I had left my curtains closed before I'd gone to Eddie's, hoping that Lucy didn't check before she went to sleep. Pretty quickly, it became obvious that she hadn't, as she was usually quite a terrible liar. But no, we walked down to breakfast without a bombard of questions from her side, and soon the Great Hall was absolutely filled to bursting with excitement for the match. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff had quite a rivalry in Quidditch, as neither team was quite as well matched in skill with the other houses.