Loving Eyes

Loving Eyes

My stockinged feet hit the cold stone of the Hogwarts floors, over and over again, the soft pad pad of my feet working me into a rhythm. The Gryffindor common room was on the top of one of the many towers of Hogwarts, making me walk quite a long way from the basements. I'd always been so jealous of Ginny's view from her bedroom. She had a view of the entire grounds, black lake and all, the rolling green mountains spilling away on either side in what seemed to be a never ending pattern. From my bedroom, the most I had was a few small, rounded windows along ground level. The common room had similar windows, although they sat a bit higher up, the dorms being a bit closer to ground level than the common room. I loved the way the sun floated in the windows, turning the entire room a golden yellow, the same as our scarves and ties. My favourite thing about Hogwarts, besides from everything, was definitely being in the Hufflepuff common room. I loved sitting around the oak fireplace in my fuzzy socks, doing homework in the floral arm chairs or laying on my stomach with Eddie, playing chess late into the night. Ginny had never been down, always making me come to her dorm if she wanted to talk. I didn't complain. I loved the excitement of wandering the halls in my socks, loved seeing her face glow when I finally turned up in her dorm, loved the eyerolls the other two Gryffindor girls always gave me. It was then that they'd usually shut the hangers on their four-posters and Ginny would cast a silencing spell around her own. We always set it, so that the girls could get their sleep and we could laugh as loudly and rambunctiously as we pleased. I liked one of the girls, but the other usually annoyed me to Hogsmeade and back. She wasn't happy having a Hufflepuff  in her dorms. I knew it was just because she was a stuck-up twat who hated breaking rules, but it bothered me nonetheless. Her friend, Ivory Warner, was much better. She was kinder and gentler. Not to mention that she was very beautiful, her toffee coloured skin working nicely with her warm brown eyes and deep, wavy black hair. But I had a thing for gingers. 

And I wasn't gay. 

But then again, I felt the twinge of nervousness in my gut as I thought of meeting Ginny. I shook the feeling away as I approached the Gryffindor portrait hole.

"Hello, Madame." I smiled up at the Fat Lady, and she smiled back.

"First night back? Really?" She asked me.

"Well, duty calls. Seeker.

She smirked and swung forwards to reveal the deep red and gold colours that covered the Gryffindor common room. The fire sat crackling lightly, just a few glowing embers still sustaining the flames. I quickly moved across the maroon carpet and climbed the steps to the 6th year girls dormitories, where the prospect of Ginny waiting for me, the starlight shining white against her deeply freckled skin made the butterflies flutter back into my stomach. I took a deep breath outside the door, and silently turned the knob. Stepping in, I immediately saw Ginny sitting up on her bed reading, wearing her usual night clothes; a cotton bralette that came down to her midriff, maroon eyelet lace covering it, and black sweatpants. Her long hair was pulled up into a perfect yet messy bun, pieces hanging out to perfectly frame her face. My heart thumped irregularly and I shut the door behind me quietly, twisting the knob so it wouldn't click against the frame. As I walked quietly towards her, she looked up from her book, shutting it with a snap and smiling with her perfectly straight, white teeth and pink lips. It took all the effort I had to stop my heart running out of my chest. As she looked up, I had noticed a gold glint shining at the base of her throat. A delicate golden locket sat there against her creamy skin, the oval shape the perfect size so that it sat in the hollow nicely. The gold was raised up to form the shape of the north star in the center of it, a diamond glittering gently in the middle. The delicate chain ran up the sides of her throat, the clasp disappearing behind the bun sitting on her left shoulder.