The Party

The Party

"A party??" A voice asked from my right. I looked over, and little Argo Achlys was sitting there with Jane and Hugo, all 3 pairs of eyes staring at us hopefully.

"Sorry, ickle ones. Big kids, only." I clarified. Argo frowned at me.

"We're not that ickle! I'm turning 12 in November! If I'd been born before September I would have come to Hogwarts last year!" Jane piped up.

"Still not old enough. Besides, this is a Gryffindor party. Lucy, Eddie, Susan, Hannah, Ernie and I are the only ones from Hufflepuff going."

Jane harrumphed. Hugo was eyeing Lucy hopefully and she choked on her pumpkin juice.

"We didn't meet you last night. I'm Argo, this is Jane and this is Hugo." Argo introduced himself and his friends.

"Right," Lucy coughed. "I'm Lucy Silas. I'm the other Hufflepuff prefect, and Ernie MacMillan over there is the Head boy." She nodded toward where Ernie sat with Susan and Hannah. "I was with the other 3 first years at dinner last night."

Jane looked toward the group of 2 girls and a boy, a slight sneer of disgust on her face.

"I don't like that Cassia. She was making fun of the boy with loads of freckles down there, Ben, in our dorm last night."

Lucy frowned. "She seemed nice enough when I talked to her last night. I'm sure it was just playful. Girls do that a lot."

"Not wrong on that one." Eddie smirked, nodding towards me.

Jane was still watching Cassia as she talked animatedly to the girl beside her, who I later found out was named Florence.

"Anyway, back to the party. We're meeting Ginny in the courtyard after lunch, so if you're going to eat, eat." I continued.

"Bossy." Eddie laughed.

"Why are you even planning a party? Term hasn't even fully started yet." Lucy asked.

"That's the point, isn't it? It's to celebrate the start of term." I explained.

"And Ginny's okay with us coming?" Eddie asked.

"Yes, she wants you to come. Besides, there's a couple of Ravenclaws coming as well, and some Slytherins."

"The Gryffindors really don't care about their common room being seen do they?" Lucy asked.

"Oh, no, its in the Room of Requirement. Could you imagine that many students fitting in the Gryffindor common room??"

"True."

And with that, Lucy and Eddie finished their lunch, and we bade goodbye to Jane and the boys.

Neville and Ginny stood waiting for us outside the hall.

"Room of requirement?" Lucy asked.

"Yup. Its the easiest and we won't have to set anything up either. I just wanted to go and see what the Room comes up with." Ginny answered.

Lucy nodded, and we walked up the many staircases towards the 7th floor, and down the echoey hall until we reached the statue of Barnabas the Barmy.
Ginny opened the room, and in we walked, taking in the mystery that was the room of requirement.
When we walked in, immediately I knew it was a perfect set up for a party. Little fairy lights were strung along wall to wall, completely covering the high ceiling. On the left, a long table stood with a red cloth on it, covered in food and drink. Butterbeer, pumpkin juice, punch, and even bottles of Firewhiskey stood along the back. Mounds of treacle tart and different puddings sat glowing in the middle, surrounded by various snack foods. I was so excited about the food that I completely missed the rest of the decorations. There were tables around the floor, and big cushy sofas in front of a roaring fire. A massive box of no-spark, wet start fireworks stood in the corner, and games of Exploding Snap sat around the tables. A reddish glow lit the room, reflecting off the mirrored walls of the room.