Step 8: Initiate Operation Lames

TW for child abuse in this chapter (Walburgbitch needs to die I swear) I'll mark where it starts and ends. take care of yourself please <33

~~~~
"There's a thin line between love and hate."
- Simone Elkeles
~~~~

It was just another normal Saturday morning in the dorm.

Peter was sleeping.

Remus was studying.

Sirius was pining after Remus.

James was talking about Lily.

"I mean, how is it even possible for someone to be that pretty? Her hair is just the most gorgeous hair I've ever seen- ouch padfoot! I love your hair too but I love hers in a different way, ok? Don't you dare throw that pillow at me! Thank you. As I was saying, she's so smart as well! I think she knows everything. Don't get me wrong, I don't regret hating Snivellous, but maybe if we had been nicer at the beginning, I would have a chance with her."

Peter put a pillow on each of his ears.

"James, in the kindest way possible, CAN YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP PLEASE."

James threw a pillow onto Peter's face.

~~✩☽~~

"Hello class, my name is Professor Harrison and I am your new Defense Against The Dark Arts Professor. Today's lesson is Boggarts. Does anyone have any questions before we start? Yes Mr. Merlin?"

"Are you related to George Harrison?"

"Maybe, maybe not..." the Professor winked at Sirius. "Now on with the lesson. Can anyone tell me what a Boggart is?"

To Lily's surprise, James Potter raised his hand.

James Potter. Participating in class.

"Yes, Mr. Potter?"

"A boggart is an amortal shape-shifting non-being, sir. It takes the form of the observer's worst fear."

Who knew James could be serious in class

"Very good, Mr. Potter! Ten points to Gryffindor! Now can anyone tell me how to get rid of a boggart?"

A Hufflepuff person raised their hand. "You use the spell 'riddikulus' to make the boggart take an amusing form, but to completely get rid of it, you have to laugh at it."

"That is correct, Mx. Arpina! Ten points to Hufflepuff. Now let's practice the spell. Everyone say it with me! Riddikulus!"

The class yelled back, "Riddikulus!"

"Perfect," Professor Harrison grinned. "Now who would like to face the boggart first?"

All the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff students shuffled into a line with the Marauders next to Lily, somewhere in the middle.

James grinned at Lily and winked. "Ready, Lily?"

"Using my real name, are we?" Lily crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

James shrugged. "Trying to be nice for a change."

Lily just blinked and turned around.