Operation Beth Lupin

7/7/95

"Moooooooooooooooooonyyyyyyyyy!"

"Fucking hell, you're drunk."

"No 'm not!"

Remus caught Sirius' arm as he almost fell into their fireplace. They had just apparated home from Marlene and Dorcas' engagement party and Sirius was drunk. Very drunk. Marlene had started a game of truth, dare, or drink, just like they were still in school. Sirius never backed down from a dare, but he ended up drinking quite a bit anyway.

"Yes, you are."

"But Moooooooooooooonyyyyyyyyy!"

Remus sighed, smiling nonetheless, and practically carried Sirius up the stairs. "Yes, Padfoot?"

"I wanna kidddd, Moooonyyyyyyyyy!"

Remus nearly dropped Sirius. "You, you what?"

"I wanna little tiny babyyyyy mini Mooonyyy mini Padfoot," Sirius gasped and poked Remus' cheek. "We could be Moony and Paddy! Like mommy and daddy!"

Remus laughed. "That sounds lovely, but you're not thinking straight."

"Am I ever? And you know they say drunk words are sober thoughts!"

"That's true, you are brutally honest when you're drunk." Remus smiled thinking back to sixth year, when Sirius had nearly confessed his love for Remus when he was drunk. Lucky for Sirius, Marlene seemed to know what was happening and swooped in to rescue him, claiming that Sirius thought Remus was her. That was what let Remus to thinking Sirius was straight and in love with Marlene for so long.

"So let's have a babyyyy!"

"I don't think that's biologically possible, Pads." Remus shook his head, still smiling as he pulled Sirius into the bathroom.

"So we adopt!"

"Hmph." Remus pushed Sirius to be standing in the shower, still fully clothed, and turned the water on. "We'll talk about this in the morning. Call me if you're drowning."

"But Moonyyyyyy you didn't kiss me goodnight!"

"No, Padfoot, I won't kiss you if you're drunk. In the morning, ok?"

Sirius nodded and sat down in the shower, looking right into the stream of water, getting it in his eyes. Remus laughed and threw a bar of soap at Sirius before he left the bathroom.

About an hour later, after lots of crashing noises and Sirius saying "I'm ok!" from the bathroom, Sirius emerged in his pajamas and climbed into bed with Remus.

"Remus. Pssst. Mooonyyyyyy! Wake up, git."

Remus groaned and turned the light on. "Are you drunk still?"

"Nope. Sort of."

"Alright then. What's up?"

"I was telling the truth, you know." Sirius tugged at the sleeve of his nightshirt. "I do want to adopt a baby. I know we only just got married and it's a really big commitment, but we were both so good at taking care of Harry in the time we had with him and I just know we'd be the best parents ever! James and Lily could help us and Harry and Faye could babysit and-"

"Sirius!"

Sirius smiled sheepishly at Remus. "It's a no, isn't it?"

"It's a.... it's an I'll think about it."

Sirius leaned forward and kissed Remus' cheek before falling back to his pillow, curly raven hair spreading all around him like a crown. Remus had decided long ago that he would never ever get tired of Sirius kissing him.