Step 10: Ghost of Crushes Past

A/N: I was sad because I realized there's only 6 more chapters after this, SO IM WRITING EPILOGUES!! I have four planned right now and there will definitely be more!

Also, if you recognize any of the fan art and know how i can give credit, let me know! I'd love to give credit to people, but I honestly forgot where I got all of them from.

ONE MORE THING BEFORE WE START: If you'd like to be part of writing the story, you can think of epilogue ideas! Just comment them on this paragraph please! Thanks!

OK IM DONE TALKING NOW!!! ENJOY!

~~✩☽~~

It was just another Saturday morning in the Gryffindor boys dorm.

Peter was sleeping.

James really wanted to talk about Lily, but no one was awake as far as he knew, so he was forced to sit on his bed until quidditch practice started. He tossed a snitch around, casting a tempus charm every now and then to see how much longer he had to wait. He cast the charm again, and he was pleasantly surprised.

"7:15! I can wake Pads up now!"

James hopped off of his bed and crept over to Sirius'. He grabbed a cup of water from the bedside table and dumped it on Sirius' pillow, immediately jumping back. Sirius was quite vicious when you woke him up. Unless you were Remus.

To James' surprise, no hexes were shot at him and no limbs flailed out to attack.

"Padfoot?" He carefully pulled back the curtain from around the bed.

Sirius wasn't there.

"Sirius?" Normally James wouldn't be so alarmed, but Sirius had been upset by some idiot Slytherins the day before, so James wanted to check if he was ok.

Ok, I'll just check to see if Remus has seen him.

James walked over to Remus' bed. "Hey, Moony, have you seen-" James tried to pull open Remus' curtains, but they were shut with a sticking charm.

"Remus... why are your curtains stuck shut?"

Remus, who had awoken to James rattling his curtains, thought quickly about what to say.

"I was... feeling insecure about my scars and didn't want anyone coming in and seeing them."

"Oh, alright. Sorry, mate, didn't mean to pry."

Remus elbowed a violently giggling Sirius in the ribs to make him be quiet. Unfortunately, he elbowed a button on Sirius' pajama top in the process, leaving a button shaped mark on his elbow, only causing Sirius to giggle more. "It's fine. Did you need something?"

"Yeah, have you seen Sirius? He's not in his bed."

Remus put his hand over Sirius' mouth to keep him from giving them away. "No, sorry. He probably just went on the balcony to think or something."

James frowned and sat on Sirius' bed. "Yeah, probably. I'm just worried about him, after yesterday."

"Me too, but I'm sure he's fine."

James looked to his bedside table and got an idea. "I'll just use the map to check where he is before I go to breakfast!"

At that, Sirius burst out laughing, no longer trying to hide where he was. "I'm fine, Prongs! I'm in here!"

James' face flushed red and he dropped the map. "Oh- er- I hope I didn't... uh... interrupt anything-"

Remus and Sirius both laughed so hard that tears came to their eyes. "No, James, you didn't 'interrupt anything.'" Remus mimicked James' horror stricken voice as he unstuck the curtains and climbed out of bed.