chapter 1

the last thing i remembered was a huge jolt of pain surge through from my head to toe before a wave of darkness appeared. i had passed out. as my eyes opened, i felt a new burst of light shine through. i had no recollection of the last time i saw the light. as my eyes auto focused to the surroundings, i saw a plain mundane ceiling staring back at me.

where was i ? the place seemed so unfamiliar that i shook, and panicked. i slowly turned my head to reveal a person sitting on a sofa near where i was lying. his head rested on his hands and he was probably asleep. i scanned the area and noticed a  bag of fluid connected to a tube, leading to my hand.

i tried to grasp at any memory of why i was here but my mind was a void, yet millions of questions buzzed through my head and i didnt understand what was going on. just as i sat up, a lady in a white uniform stepped in.

"oh ms l/n, u're awake" she said as she came over. the boy sitting at the couch stirred awake and his eyes lit up when he saw me. did i know him?

"y/n chan" he said to me with a soft smile. i furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure out who he was but not a single picture came to me. he looked like he had been concerned for me but i didnt know what he meant to me and how i even knew him.

the lady in the white uniform changed out the bag of fluid for a new one. what was this fluid going into me? where am i? what happened? i opened my mouth at a hinge but no words came out. every word i tried to pronounce only came out as mouths, but not a tone came through my voice box.

"ms l/n? do you know where you are?" the lady said. i shook my head. the lady was taken aback but she continued calmly, "you're in a hospital my dear" she said as she held up a thermometer to your mouth to examine your temperature. i was confused. a hospital ? why was i here ? did something happen to me.

as the lady checked my condition, the boy came closer into view. my vision was still blurry and i couldnt see anything clearly. the boy was quite tall and he had thick black hair that was gelled up. he walked towards me and placed his hand on my cheek. i was taken aback and moved aside, removing his hand from my cheek. i had no idea who he was.

"ms l/n... do you remember what happened to you ?" the lady asked as she noticed my panic. i shook my head. i tried to speak once again and my voice croaked and a tone came out. i stuttered, my jaw still tense from whatever medication they had given me. "i d-dont r rem-emb ber" my words came out choppy.

the boy's eyes widened. "y/n chan... do you know who i am" he asked as his eyes went glossy as tears formed in his eyes. i felt really bad but i really didnt know who he was. i looked down and shook my head.. "i-im s s orry- i i don't" i choked out. the boy took a step back to process his thoughts. i looked back up to see his eyes filled with tears, he took heavy breaths and stood there. no words to say and no actions to do.

the boy took a step back forward and his mouth opened, as if wanting to say something. he took a pause before he said softly "y/n.. im your boyfriend" he said before he wept again. i was shocked, i didnt remember him, and any feelings i might have had before were not there, not a single memory appeared. he was just a stranger.

i didnt know how to answer... "please remember y/n" he said before he knelt down beside the bed and rested his head on the mattress beside me. the sheets absorbing all his tears. slowly, i started to feel uncomfortable, this boy i had no recollection of was all up and close to me. he claimed to be my boyfriend but i didnt feel a sense of attraction to him.

"kuroo.." i heard a voice from the door. a shorter male with bleached highlights walked into the room. he stared down at what seemed to be a video game and called out to the black haired boy. so that was his name. it didnt ring any bells. 

the blonde haired boy looked up and saw me awake. he greeted me, with a slight look of concern on his face. i didnt recognise him either but he seemed nice. he seemed like he understood personal space, not like this other boy here you thought as i peered back at the boy i now knew as kuroo. the nurse walked out and brought in a man who i assumed was a doctor in.

"she doesnt remember anything" the nurse quickly informed the doctor and the doctor looked confused. he checked me once again but nothing seemed to be wrong with me.  the air was tense and the blonde haired boy seemed to understand that i didnt remember anything.

"im kenma.., im one of your friends" he said unbothered as he tapped on his game. i looked at kenma as he played his game, he didnt seem to bothered about my loss of memory, but something told me he was just always in that state.

"im afraid we cant find why this is happening" the doctor said as he took a step back. i shook my head. "i-it's o-okay, i'll just figure it all out myself i guess... kenma right could you help me" i said noticing my speech was becoming more steady. kenma looked up and nodded. i peered over to my side to see kuroo at a lost for words.

kuroo pov
my heart sunk. y/n felt more comfortable with kenma than me. i couldnt help but feel the tears welling up in my eyes once more. she didn't know who i was, not a single twinkle in her eye knew what she meant to me.