chapter 6

y/n pov
you felt your head spinning and a throbbing headache began to form. you jolted up at the pain and found yourself in a dark unfamiliar room. you scanned the area only to see kenma sleeping next to you with a gaming controller in his hand and kuroo sleeping on a mattress on the floor. your head was in pain and you pressed your palm against your head. you felt your heart beat through your palm as it reverberated throughout your head. it was all you could hear.

you sat still on the bed, trying to calm yourself down from whatever was happening. you were scared, it felt like you were on the verge of death. you controlled your breathing the best that you could, and you inhaled deeper and slower. slowly you eased and you returned to your normal state.

"mm r u ok? it's 3am" you heard a voice from beside you. kenma had woke up feeling the tense emotion radiating of you and he began to feel worried. he yawned a little as he rubbed his eyes before looking at you with concern. you shook your head "im- fine" you stuttered just a little, making it obvious that you were lying. kenma raised an eyebrow.

"my head was spinning and it hurt really bad" you began "but im fine now" you finished and lay back down, not wanting to disturb kenma from his precious sleep. kenma reached his hand out and patted your shoulder, giving you some reassurance that you would be ok. your heart thumped 'why is he so sweet' you found yourself blushing and your cheeks were flushed. fortunately it was dark and no one could see the sheer embarrassment on your face. you got cozy under the covers and kenma lay next to you.

there was a small gap between the two of you under the sheets but kenma reassured you. "if it happens again just wake me up ok?" he said softly with his gruff sleepy voice. you hummed signalling that you understood. you closed your eyes once more and felt a wave of shock rush through your head and your eyes shot open.

kuroo pov
"mm r u ok? it's 3am" i heard kenma's sleepy voice from above. i was stirred awake by a loud jolt on the bed. it must have been y/n. a million thoughts swarmed through my head as i lay on the mattress on the floor on my side, staring at the wall.

i heard y/n's voice saying her head was spinning and that it hurt. i gulped as a wave of concern boiled through me. i remembered y/n used to have nightmares and shoot up from her bed in tears, and i would rush by her side and give her a tight hug. just to make sure she was ok. i would
hold her tight until she fell asleep and shower her with kisses. i felt tears welling up in my eyes, knowing fair well that this was no longer a reality of mine. i wiped my tears with the blanket and felt the two people above lie back down.

y/n was ok. i sighed with relief and peered over, before hearing kenma's voice "if it happens again just wake me up again ok?" and y/n hummed in response. y/n was bonding way more with kenma and i never even got a chance to talk to her. it was all to awkward and i didnt know how to talk to her normally. she agreed to be friends but it barely even seemed like the case. i sighed, closing my eyes again once more.

suddenly, i felt an aura of tenseness flow through the room. i sensed y/n was still awake and the worry washed through me once more.

y/n pov
your breathing lightened and you felt the air grow thin. what was happening? you tried to control your breathing but it seemed like a nervous shock and you were freaking out. you inhaled sharply, trying to channel as much oxygen into your blood as possible. slowly your breathing eased once again. you turned to look at kenma who seemed to be asleep.

you scooted a little closer, ruffling the sheets a little as you leaned next to kenma. you hugged his arm and leaned slowly into his side, earning you some comfort. kenma seemed to be awakened by the new being beside him and he squinted his eyes open as he looked down at your helpless self. "r u alright ? did it happen again" you whimpered a small yes and kenma nodded.

he seemed a tad bit uncomfortable with you that close to him but he didnt mention anything. he watched as you fell asleep before he gave you a small pat on the head. he never hugged you back but it didnt really matter. you exhaled and closed your eyes.

kuroo pov
i tossed a little in bed before i heard the sound of the crumpling of the sheets above me. was y/n ok? the worry inside me grew and i felt the need to check on y/n, just to make sure. i knew i wouldnt be able to sleep knowing she was in a frantic state. i slowly pulled the covers off myself and knelt up, bringing my eye level above their bed.

my heart stopped, y/n was lying right next to kenma and leaning up against him. kenma had his arm on her shoulder slightly and it sent trickles through my skin. y/n looked so peaceful next to him and a wave of jealousy formed through me. she would rather be with kenma than me... i slowly got back under my covers as i stared at the ceiling, feeling the tears rush to my eyes once again

was this really the end of our relationship? would we just become acquaintances after this? or even strangers ?